Chapter 44 : Alicìa

***LORENZO***

I can't shake this feeling. We've landed in Belgium and we're already in Ghent. I've been feeling strange.  This feeling has taken control of most of my body.  I've decided to hold off going after Pierre Van den Broeck  and do the task tomorrow.

Mario was shocked because i never hold off business like this but I just can't shake this feeling off.

It's making me loose all my concentration but its drawing me back to Alicìa.

"Hey are you sure you're okay?" Asked Luca one more time and I  just nodded.

"We're going out for a walk. Wanna come ?" He asked me totally out of the blue 

"Since when do you take walks ?"

"Since the time when Tom booked  us into an empty house with no TV" he replied and I just shook my head before getting up and walking out the door with him.

Luca and I have grown much more closer in the past three years. I couldn't begin to tell you how grateful I am of his presence right now.

I kinda don't believe it myself that I'm appreciating him but still I can't ignore the fact that he's been there just as a brother should when I lost Alicìa.

She's  a beautiful memory that  causes me pain whenever I remember her but still I don't want to stop remembering her.

That feeling came back again. My heart began beating faster and I felt unsettled.

"Hey , relax. Its just a calm neighbourhood. Noone even knows us here and even if they did  they know the police or anyone can't do anything to you." Said Luca as he urged me to walk forward.

Fuck , this feeling is ruining  every atom of peace I've gathered within me.

Just then something soft patted my leg.  Looking down I found a small baby boy who I'm surprised can even stand looking up at me.

Our height difference was really going to take a toll on his neck tonight.

He then pointed the other direction. Looking there I saw his ball was stuck under a bush.

"The baby wants you to get the ball out" said Mario  stating the obvious.

"Oh , thanks I couldn't have known" I said and went to get it out for him.

Handing it over to the little guy he gave me the brightest smile ever before he returned to the sand box with it but not before he said a little "thank you."

We continued our walk round the neighbourhood   talking about everything n particular.

Was feeling a bit better after my breakdown back home. I didn't want to move on from Alicìa  but I  didn't want my family to feel as though I wanted nothing to do with them anymore.

Alicìa  was and always will be my one true love and  noone can ever replace her and that's never ever going to change. The only person that can ever replace Alicìa  is Alicìa.

"It's already 8pm why don't we just go into that diner and get some food. Its not like any of us can cook" said Luca as he already began dragging himself to the diner.

"He's the only one who can't cook amongst the four of us " mumbled Mario following him.

Getting into the diner we took our seats and placed our orders.  

Just then I felt another tap on my leg.

Looking at the source it was that baby from earlier today. He was now wearing a white tracksuit and a black beanie.

"Are you sure there's no connection between you and this baby. You can't meet him two times. " said Tom who had been quiet the whole time.

"He's mom should be somewhere around " I said looking around but not entirely doing it either.

"Noah" said a voice from behind me.

That voice caused my heat to literally freeze and my blood ran cold.

Her scent engulfed my senses as I closed my eyes and fisted my hands.

I will always remember her. Her voice , her scent and right now it was all that clouded my mind.

"Noah baby , come to me " said the voice again and I was too scared to look back. It can't be.

"Lorenzo" said Mario looking behind me but I shook my head.

"No , she's gone" I said so many times.

"Mama" said the baby next to me and my eyes peeled open and I was forced to look behind me.

There she was in  black jeans  , black hoodie and her hair in a tight ponytail.

She stopped in her tracks the moment I stood up. A gasp escaped her lips and she looked at me shocked.

The baby standing next to me ran to her and hugged her before he placed his tiny hand in hers and again he called  her

"Mama"

The guys  stood up too ,shocked.

She was right there looking unhurt , all okay.

I looked at her finger and my heart calmed down. She wasn't wearing any wedding ring so that doesn't confirm her being married to anyone else.

"A- how's this even possible" said Luca who was now standing besides me.

I took a step closer  to her then another until I reached her.

I can't believe  what I'm seeing.

I raised my hands and cupped her cheeks. Her skin was just as before.

She leaned into my touch as her hand rested on my  wrist.

"Lorenzo" she whispered with teary eyes looking at me.

"Alicìa,  its you. Its really you"  I said and pulled her into my arms.

She's really there in my arms. She was real. For the first time in 3 years I wasn't imagining her. Everyone else could see her. She was really there.

Pulling out I held on to her free hand. I brought it to me lips and kissed it.

She let out a small laugh before she looked at our entwined hands and back to me.

"Wh-what happened to you? " I finally managed to ask her.

"T-the missile  attack " but she shook her head and as she was about to say something the baby holding on to her began  to cry.

She looked  down at him and took her up in his arms then proceeded  to give him a kiss on his cheek. She started rocking him gently before he   finally stopped.

"I have to get something  in his stomach" she said poking his tummy and he let out a laugh trying to get away from her tickles.

"Can we all seat?" She asked when she saw the waitress setting up our table then she asked her to bring her food to the same time table as ours.