1

"Mommy?" The girl's mother hummed in response to show that she was listening. "What happens after we die?" A young Kiara Hayes asked her mother.

Her mother paused before turning to her daughter. "Well uh— no one knows. Some believe that they'll go to the angels."

"Do you believe that?" She asked her mom, curious.

Her mother nodded before giving her daughter a gentle smile. "Yes, and I think you'll go there too."

"Really? Do you think the angels will like me? When will I be seeing them?" Kiara asked with a worried frown. She didn't want the angels to hate her or be upset that she didn't see them as soon as possible.

Kiara's mother laughed. "I think that they'll love you. But you have many many years until you see them." She said as she ruffled her daughter's hair.

___________________

"I guess I'm about to find out now. Here's to hoping they like me." Kiara thought in her last moments.

 .

 .

 .

.

REBIRTH

re·birth
/rēˈbərTH/

noun

Defined as the process of being reincarnated or born again.
"the endless cycle of birth, death, and rebirth"

Synonyms: revival,  resurrection,  reawakening,  renewal,  resurgence,  regeneration,  restoration.

Kiara had never thought reincarnation was possible. So she definitely wasn't prepared to wake up as an seven year old girl. She was even more unprepared for Miranda and Grayson Gilbert to enter the room she was in and start smiling at her.

Time Skip

It had been months since Kiara had been reincarnated into The Vampire Diaries as Kaylus Gilbert, the middle child of the Gilbert family. At least she was twins with Jeremy. The older twin to be precise.

Speaking of Jeremy, he was her favorite family member besides Aunt Jenna and surprisingly Uncle John.

Jeremy would follow her around like a little puppy and copy what she would do. Anytime that he had a snack that she didn't have, he would give it to her. He would even get grumpy if Elena or someone else got too close to her. It was honestly cute.

"I'll do everything I can to protect him." Kaylus thought as she remembered everything that Jeremy had to go through on the show.

Any time Aunt Jenna came over, she would tell her funny exaggerated stories about her life, even going as far as saying that she fought a demon once— although she could have been talking about her ex-boss.