2

Gilbert House

Kaylus and Caroline were in her room binge watching Harry Potter and arguing about the books when Kaylus suddenly stopped talking and shuddered.

"What's wrong?" Caroline asked.

Kaylus frowned. "I don't know. I suddenly felt... Uncomfortable." Kaylus looked around her room for anything that could be the cause.

Her eyes eventually stopped at her open window. "It felt like I was being watched." Kaylus said as she continued to stare at the window.

Caroline was quick to get up and shut her window. After pulling the curtain, she turned to Kaylus with a smile. "Don't worry, if anyone is out there I can protect you." She playfully says before she 'shows off her muscles.'

Kaylus couldn't help the laughter that bubbled out.

Next Morning

Kaylus gets up early. She was the only one who knew how to cook after all. Jenna would burn everything, Elena would end up cutting herself, and Jeremy would somehow spill everything.

So, still in clad in her Scooby-Doo pajamas, Kaylus heads downstairs.

She blinked in surprise when she saw Uncle John standing in the kitchen, cooking. Apron on as he sang and danced.

Silently, she took out her phone and took a picture. She needed more blackmail anyway.

Once sure that he didn't notice, she put the phone away and came forward with a big smile. "Uncle John!" She said, beaming.

Uncle John looked up at her and froze, thinking that she had seen him sing and dance. She did but he didn't need to know that. When Kaylus pretended to look confused on why he wasn't saying anything, Uncle John assumed nothing was seen.

Uncle John smiled at her. "Hey, Kay. Did you sleep well?" He asked and she nodded in response as she went to grab a cup of coffee.

"Yeah, I slept pretty well." Kaylus answered. She then pouted when John slapped her hand away from the coffee. "I actually came down here to cook. You know how the others are." She said, her tone amused.

John laughed and nodded. "Yes, I do. And no coffee until breakfast. Besides, you need to get ready."

Kaylus playfully grumbled at John before she went upstairs. As she was walking to her room, she passed Elena's. She peeked her head in and had to roll her eyes when she saw her sister writing in her diary.

"I bet she's writing something dramatic about how she's starting fresh. As if she's not the same exact person she's always been." Kaylus thought then smirked.

She turned to Elena, putting on an innocent smile. "Do you actually enjoy doing that?" She asked.

Elena jumped and turned to look at her. "Doing what?" She asked her sister.

"Writing in that diary of yours." Kaylus responded and Elena nodded, "Yeah. Writing calms me. Helps me sort out all my feelings." She said.