3

History Class

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union." Tanner droned on.

Elena looks back at Stefan, who was on his phone. She frowned a bit and kept hoping that he would notice her. When he didn't, she grabbed her phone to text Bonnie.

Elena: HOW CAN I GET HIS ATTENTION?

Bonnie: IDK, MAY-B TRY SPEAKING TO HIM AFTER CLASS?

Elena read the message and nodded.

Stefan ignored the looks he was receiving from across the room as he typed on his phone.

Stefan: THANKS FOR SHOWING ME AROUND.

Caroline: IT’S NO PROBLEM.

Caroline:   : )

Stefan chuckled.

Caroline: THERE’S A MEET UP @ THE GRILL LATER

Caroline: WANNA JOIN?

Stefan: YES, I WOULD LOVE TO.

Caroline: YAY!!!

Stefan smiled at his phone.

When class ended, Elena turned around only to see that Stefan was gone. She furrowed her eyebrows and wondered how he left so quickly.

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan is writing in his journal.

___________________

"I met someone today. Someone who I can see myself befriending.

Caroline Forbes.

..."

___________________

Stefan continues to write and then closes his journal.

Mystic Grill

Jeremy, Kaylus, Tyler, and Matt are all sitting together, talking and laughing.

Their conversation gets interrupted by Vicki.

"Do you guys need anything?" She asked and despite making it sound like she was speaking to everyone, it was clear that she wasn't.

She was looking directly at Tyler, a smile on her face as she batted her eyelashes.

Jeremy groaned while Matt grimaced. Kaylus made a gun shape with her hand and pretended to shoot herself.

"Maybe a refill?" She suggests as she gets closer to Tyler. 

"No, thanks." Tyler said before ignoring the girl.