Chapter VIII

I remember now. I looked at my reflection by the gym's window and saw my other self again. He didn't look scary anymore, he just had pity in his eyes and I understood.

"Atsumu!" I looked back at the court and saw Osamu ran to his brother. I clench my chest as I watch a white haired man with black tips save Atsumu from danger.

          Kita Shinsuke, the man I created when I saw that Atsumu needed someone. I made Kita because I saw how strong I've made Atsumu, I've made him so perfect that no one could dare stand next to him. He had too many people around him but no one was alone and I don't want my Atsumu to be sad.

          I clenched my chest. I can't believe I'm witnessing the scene I created with Atsumu falling in love. This is the part where Atsumu would feel that for once, someone was there for him first. He finally felt like he could rely on someone other than his brother.

"Kiyo- - " I needed to get out of there that I didn't even look at my cousin. I just ran back home.

"Do you understand now?" I looked at my reflection in my dark room.

"You don't belong here." I bit my lower lip as he kept going.

"You flew too close to the sun, Icarus. Now you've fallen too far down."

"Why did you bring me here?" I looked down. I still can't figure out why I'm here and how I got here. "How come I don't remember anything before I got here?"

"YOU brought yourself here." I looked up in shock. Did I hear him right? But judging from his expression, I heard him right. "Everything you want answers to, only YOU can answer."

          Everything is just a mess now and I don't know what to do. Do I just go on from here, live quietly like I always did? Or do I look for a way to go back home? Either way, I won't be happy anywhere.

"At least back in your reality, Atsumu wouldn't be there."

"You're right." And just like that, that drowning feeling finally took over; dragging me into the deepest, darkest part of the abyss.

"Don't worry, I'm here." I felt sleepy. "Just close your eyes."

          Everything seems silly now that I don't have to think about anything else. Just floating in this numb feeling. There's just nothing now.

ATSUMU MIYA

          I remember when school just started. Samu was being disgustingly lovey dovey with Sunarin and I just don't want to deal with them. Without knowing it, my feet took me to the back of the school yard; it felt so peaceful especially with the fresh air hitting my face. I've been living the perfect high school life but things just feel like a routine now, like there's just nothing else to look forward to .

*WOOOOSH

          A gust of wind suddenly hit and I was blinded for a second. I rubbed my eyes and everything was just a blur for a second when I noticed something just under the big tree. I started working towards it and realized it was a guy.

"Hmm?" I have never seen this guy before." Is he a transfer student? Taking a closer look, why is he wearing a mask? "What are ya dreamin' 'bout stranger?" He looked so peaceful. My eyes landed just above his right eyebrow. "Are those... moles?" Fascinating. His flowy black hair looks so pretty. I want to see his whole face. I froze as the guy started to stir. When did I get this close? I'm actually about to pull a stranger's mask down.

"Ugh..." Huh? Are you having a nightmare? Why do you look so distressed?

"Are ya alright?" I wanted to comfort him but he suddenly woke up and sat up that his glasses fell off. He looked so confused.

"Where am I?" He looked around while squinting. Then he looked up. "The f*ck? Wasn't it supposed to be winter?"

"No... school just started fer it ta be winter." He jumped from muy voice; looks like he finally noticed me. He stared at me like he just seen a ghost or something until his face slowly turned red. "Yer red, do ya have a fever?" I felt his forehead, it was a bit warm but he wasn't saying anything nor was he moving. "Oh!" I picked up his glasses. "Here, yer glasses!" It took him about a minute before taking it back with shaking hands. He must be really sick.

          He wore his glasses but kept looking down. He was acting a bit weird but it was adorable for some reason. I can't help but smile. This guy's different from everyone I've met so far and I feel like things are going to be different from now on.

.

.

.

.

TBC