Chapter 68

"cabin"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"Still upset I didn't let you drive?" The beautiful redhead asks, glancing at me before returning her attention to the road.

"Yeah, a bit." I answered causing Rach to let out a laugh making it my turn to glare at her.

"I don't know why it's a big deal for you to drive. Didn't your doctor give you orders about it?"

"No, I got cleared remember?" Pointing out my last follow-up which is something I have come to dread more and more as I still have to attend to a few left.

She nodded "Okay, but I still want to know why you wanted to drive so bad." Repeating her last words.

Now the reasoning behind that goes back to when I was thirteen maybe. If I didn't trust the person behind the wheel I wouldn't be able to sleep or relax. That meant school trips with a random bus driver or rare travels with my father. When my mom would take me for a little fun vacation, I had no problem crashing out in the backseat but with any other person, no.

It wouldn't be a big deal but with how my train of thought has been recently, focusing on driving would help me get away from those dark memories of the shooting.

But I am not going to worry her by telling her that. "Just wanted you to relax for the ride."

"That's sweet but we're going to be riding with Bevin so I don't think both of us are going to do much of that," Rach says and on cue, we pulled to the house where the short-haired blond waited with a smile.

Bevin loaded her white duffle bag in the back before jumping into the backseat.

And the first thing that comes from her is, "I call music!".

It wasn't long until we met the rest of the group fully at Lucas's before starting the drive to Rachel's cabin. We were joined by Skills, Mouth, and Peyton, and as for Lucas and Brooke, they went with the married couple. From what she told me, her family hasn't used it in a while well minus her dad renting it out to clients.

The trip consisted of small conversations here and there along with some singing from Bevin. For Peyton, she opted for her own music as she had her earphones on. Maybe she was a little more delusional into actually thinking Pete from Fall Out Boy was joining this getaway.

Eventually, we pulled up to what did not look like some small cabin but a two-story one at that. Everyone got their luggage before following Rach into the cabin.

"Rachel this place is awesome," Peyton said as she looked around the interior.

"It's been in my family for years. We hardly come here anymore. My dad mostly loans it out to clients." She tells as the rest of the group gathers in the same area. "The kitchen's fully loaded. There's a river for fishing, ATMs in the garage, plasma screen upstairs, and a hot tub in the back. There's five bedrooms. Take anyone but the master." She lays out as I took a seat on the couch quietly.