Chapter 3

Yuki's POV

As the fourth period came to a close, a joyous lunchtime ambiance enveloped Hijirigasaka Academy. While my fellow students hurriedly made their way to the cafeteria & store to grab their meals, I found myself summoned by a teacher for some class representative duties.

I had hoped to swiftly complete my tasks & savor the rest of the lunch break with Kenchie. However, due to my lack of pacing, I ended up exhausting myself. Before I knew it, fatigue overcame me and I drifted into a deep slumber.

In the depths of unconsciousness, I felt a familiar presence surrounding me. Although I couldn't be certain, the warmth I experienced felt undoubtedly like Kenchie's embrace. Immersed in this comforting sensation, my mind drifted back to the moments when Kenchie's presence gave me strength.

~~~~~~~~~~

Back then, I harbored a deep fear of stormy nights. The fear was so intense that I couldn't fall asleep unless someone stayed up with me. Initially, my parents shouldered this responsibility, but their demanding schedules led them to entrust the role to Kenchie.

From then on, whenever a stormy night was expected, my parents would drop me & my sister, Kurumi, off at Kenchie's house.

As we snuggled on his cozy bed, Kenchie would tightly embrace us.

Being in Kenchie's embrace evoked a mix of emotions within me. At first, there was a lingering sense of fear from the storms outside. However, that fear was quickly overshadowed by a deep sense of comfort & security.

Kenchie's arm around me offered warmth & reassurance. As I felt the gentle rise and fall of Kenchie's chest, his steady breaths became a reminder of the safety & security he provided. Amidst the unpredictability of a stormy night, I found solace and tranquility in Kenchie's presence.

Gradually, my fear transformed into a sense of trust for Kenchie. The sound of storms that used to bring shivers down my spine became a lullaby that lulled me into a peaceful slumber, knowing that Kenchie's presence would shield me from any harm that the storm might bring.

In the end, I learned to like stormy nights. And most of all... I fell in love with Kenchie.

~~~~~~~~~~

Returning to The Present, I emerged from my deep slumber with a pleasant & content feeling in my heart. As I gradually opened my eyes, I found myself momentarily confused by the sight before me.

 As I gradually opened my eyes, I found myself momentarily confused by the sight before me