Feelings🪼

Author Note: Another chapter coming tomorrow ❤️ xoxo

"Ignoring the signs, running through red lights.
I'm going blind, walking through hell fire".
-New West

Chapter VII: 🍂

🔸So Mun POV

When I wake up, I am invaded by a pleasant warmth, the sun's rays invade my room, touching the blankets and my face.
I squeeze my eyes shut, finally the first night without Adrien in my dreams, without the bounce of his fingertips on my skin.
As I rise, my thoughts drift back to the night before-sensations, the cool embrace of his body, the strain on my powers, and the eventual surrender to unconsciousness.

Today, however, I wake refreshed.

With a yawn, I get up and go to the bathroom to wash up, then head to the kitchen, where Mae-Ok is setting the table for breakfast.
Mo-Tak and Do-Hana are already there, sitting.

And they all stare at me.

"Good morning dear!" Mae-Ok is the first to break the silence.
"Morning! Feeling better?" Mo-tak adds, studying me carefully.

Do-Hana doesn't speak, just nods at me. She seems thoughtful or maybe angry.

Maybe both.

"Good morning" I reply with a smile, sitting down at the table. I grab a glass of milk and some pancakes and start eating, they start eating too, but without moving their attentive gazes from me, as if I am a patient escaped from some weird-ass asylum.

"So Mun, is there something you need to tell us?...."

I sigh, placing my fork on the table, not knowing where to start.
Mo Tak's question hangs in the air for a while as I reflect. I separate the feelings of pleasure from the negative ones, choosing what to say and not to say.

"I went to Adrien, alone," I confess.

"So Mun! How many times have we said we are a family? We must operate together! Always! Have each other's backs!"
Mae-Ok looks a tad strained when she says that.
"There is no such thing as a lone counter! And no matter how much stronger you may be, you can't act on your own! So Mun!"

"Yes, I'm sorry guys. It's just that I was tired of my constant nightmares and Adrien, and I wanted to put an end to it," I explain, mortified.
I don't like to make them worry.

Mae-Ok sighs, melting into a motherly smile.
'The important thing is that you know, come on! Let's forget everything and have a nice day!"

Mo-Tak agrees, smiling in return.
"Yes let's have a nice day together!" he exclaims, resuming eating.

Everyone except for Dohana, who does not seem convinced and to our surprise, gets up abruptly, abandoning her breakfast.
She is angry and I don't understand why.

"Do Hana, are you alright?"
I ask unsure. Motak and MaeOk also look alarmed.

"Dear, what is it? Did you detect any third-level spirits nearby?"

Dohana shakes her head and with fluid gestures grabs my arm, forcing me to get up and follow her.
"Give us ten minutes!" she asserts sternly, leaving Motak and MaeOk utterly speechless.

I find myself swiftly ushered into her room, where she firmly pushes me inside and seals the door behind us.
''You may be able to fool the two of them but not me! Spill it out before I do!"
Dohana, she doesn't seem to be just angry now she is definitely furious.
Her brown eyes shine with a light of their own, with rage, and her height approaches mine, a tad shorter, by a few inches.