Far Berore Him

Before him, there was darkness, death, and anger. Here is how my life was before him. At seven years old, my problems started. I was bitten by an Akita, and it tore up my whole face. At seven years old, I was also a size B in bras. My stepfather gave me my first sip of alcohol that summer. The next thing I knew, I was getting pictures taken of me in the shower.
At the age of nine, I learned how babies are made. I learned that the first time you have sex it hurts. But most of all, i learned never to get attached to anything. Especially animals. My stepfather started groping me and trying to get me to sleep with him. My life was full of confusion. Next year would be my safety or would it?
The summer I was ten, my stepfather forced me to have sextual intercorse with him. That morning was not the first. It was the last. Mother walked in. The yelling, crying, all the tears in my mother's eyes. That day changed all of our lives.
That night, I lost the only father figure I knew. For the next six months, we lived in my aunt's basement. Her two sons did not make anything easier. They were mean as snakes. They bite my heels all the time. Those six months would have been awesome without the snakes I had to call my cousins.
The day mother took me to our house, I was twelve years old. I was so excited to live as far away from those boys as I could. Three days before Christmas, we closed on the house we live in now, and I was as happy as a clam. Until the next school year, when hope was stripped away from me along with everything I've ever known.