Chapter 4

"Elvis, wake up!"

Elvis opened his eyes to see Ellie standing over him.

"What is it, Ell?" Elvis asked groggily as he sat up, "how long was I asleep?"

"Well, you've missed all of dinner," Ellie said, "but luckily there haven't been any emergencies since you dozed off."

"So Norman Price hasn't burned himself alive?" Elvis inquired, chuckling bitterly, "who knows what he's going to get himself into now that he's 10 years old..."

"Yeah," Ellie replied, "but I actually wanted to ask you something important."

"Well, what is it?" Elvis replied as he rubbed his eyes, "I'm hungry, so don't take too long."

"Arnold and Sam say that you have a crush on Penny."

"Oh, not you too!!"

"OMG!!!" Ellie said, jumping up and down, "you really do have a crush on Penny? Ohmygod I have to tell her NOW!"

"No!" Elvis grabbed her arm, "she can't find out. It would ruin our friendship."

"Oh, I'm sure she feels the same way!!"

"No, I'm sure she doesn't."

"I've seen the way she smiles around you!"

"Why one earth would Penny ever want someone like me??" Elvis said sadly as Ellie sat down on the bed beside him, "I'm just a clumsy fool, always messing up and getting into awkward scrapes. And plus, I'm not handsome like Sam or Ben or Tom or Arnold! I'm so ugly, Ellie!"

"Elvis," Ellie said as she put a hand on his shoulder, "you are not ugly. I think that you're just fine."

"Well, that's easy for you to say," Elvis huffed as he crossed his arms, "you're just my friend, and nothing else. With Penny, it's different."

"So what if you're taller than everyone else in Pontypandy???" Ellie said, "that's what makes you unique!"

"Well, I'm not sure if Penny would think the same," Elvis replied, "and plus, I look like Pinocchio with my nose!"

"Oh hush," Ellie playfully shoved him, "it's not THAT long, Vis."

"No, but it sticks out," Elvis lamented, "it's not short like Sam's."

"Sam has a freaking lightbulb-shaped nose," Ellie replied, "and Dilys has a long nose too, and Trevor doesn't mind!"

"Well, Trevor can't decide between Dilys and Bella, and he never really seems to pay as much attention to her as he does younger lasses. Oh, speaking of Trevor-"

"Elvis, you're getting off topic," Ellie told her friend, "all I'm saying is that you're fine just the way you are, so don't take your chances and waste your life without telling Penny how you feel."

"Yeah, I guess," Elvis said, "but I get so nervous around her! What am I supposed to do???"

"Relax, I am an EXPERT at romance!!" Ellie said proudly, "I know EVERYTHING there is to know!!!"

"Are you sure about that?" Elvis said, "because you sure don't seem to be this confident and 'all-knowing' around Arnold-"

"WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THAT!!" Ellie said frantically, "that is forbidden!"

"Look, are you going to help me or not?" Elvis asked, clearly desperate.

"Okay, why don't you tell her-uh-somewhere romantic?" Ellie brainstormed, "like Bella's cafe or something!!" (in this story bella never left pontypandy and still works in her cafe)