Chapter 25

Elvis opened his eyes. They were once again in the graveyard, but his time it was just him and King. It was completely dark, and thunder rumbled ominously in the background. Elvis could see, if he squinted, some gravestones, yet he couldn't see Arnold's or Sam's.

"We're in exactly the same place," Elvis said curiously, "why are we here AGAIN??"

"Look..." King pointed a bony figure towards a nearby rock. Elvis tried to squint to see whose grave it was, but he couldn't make out the words...

Suddenly, lightning flashed, and quite loudly. Elvis jumped up in surprise, and then he looked down. There, carved on the grave, were the words: Here lies Elvis Cridlington. 1992-2086. He had the chance to live his life, but chose to waste it all without the confession that his heart needed so very badly.

Elvis opened his mouth in shock. Then he finally collapsed on the ground, and banged his fist hard onto the dirt.

"NOOO!!!" he screamed, "this-this can't be!!!"

He looked up at King, his eyes pleading. Tears streamed down his face and fell onto the wet grass.

"You made this choice," King said, "and so did I..."

Elvis raised an eyebrow, "what-" he said, "what do you mean??"

"Haven't you already realized, Elvis Cridlington?" King said, "I'm you. I am your ghost, come to warn you of the consequences of your actions. And it's led you to discover that you don't have a happy ending. You're not a husband, you're not a father, you never ended up telling Penny how you felt. I'm ashamed of my choices, so I tried to warn you. But I don't think it's going to work. You're not going to tell her... never... never... never..."

Elvis gasped, "what? So THAT'S why you're dressed like a firefighter! I-I didn't know, King..."

King suddenly grabbed Elvis by the shoulders and pulled him close. "Elvis Cridlington," he said, "you have wasted your life... you never lived it... don't you understand?! You are DOOMED! The signs are all there!!!!"

Elvis's face turned pale, "I-I-King... I-"

King shoved him towards the grave, so that his toes were very near the grave. The ground started to open, revealing a coffin inside. Elvis let out a loud gasp as King started pushing him in, although he resisted. He resisted as hard as he could, but King kept pushing.

"Please, King!!" he shouted out, "I'll confess my love! Give me another chance, please!!! I'll change the future, you can change the future, right??? PLEASE!!!!"

However, in that moment of weakness, King shoved him into the grave. Elvis grasped a root nearby as the coffin started to smoke. He coughed and tried not to choke on the thick grayness of smog. However, the root started to lower; lower down towards the coffin. Down, down, down, down...

"NO!!" Elvis screamed, "King!! Give me one more chance!! Please!!! I'll live a good life!! I won't waste my life, I will confess my love!!! I KNOW what can be and I WILL seize it!!! Please, King!!! PLEASE!!!! I now understand the importance of confessing love!!! King! King!!! KING!!!!"

However, his pleas were unheard as King smiled menacingly as the ground closed below him. Elvis could now hardly breath. He was coughing like crazy, and was screaming loudly for another chance.

As Elvis neared the coffin, it opened, revealing a thicker and even more intoxicating smoke. 

"HELP!!!" Elvis screamed hoarsely, "PLEASE!!!!!!!"

And then he entered the coffin, smoke engulfed him. He coughed loudly, and he felt lightheaded. As everything started to fade, he felt the sweat trickling down every part of his body.

"P-Penny..." he stuttered out weakly, "I-I'm sorry I c-couldn't confess earlier... I-I love you..."

Suddenly a whole plume of smoke was flung up his lungs. He coughed and gagged, and everything got even darker than it already was.

"Penny..." 

And then everything went pitch black.