12

hyunjins walked out of his class nervously, unable to think about what chan wanted to even talk to him about. there was no hint or any type of reason to just hang out. he crossed his fingers in hopes it was about felix' eagerness to meet:

"don't meet up with him yet, he's not ready!"

"felix is just acting on impulse, give him more time and he'll come to his senses."

"felix will back down and distance himself if you two meet this early."

hyunjin thought about all the things chan would tell him.

hyunjin sat in the front of the school, patiently waiting for chan to come out. he watched a few students leave as well, unable to keep his anxious state to himself. his eyes wandered and his ears consumed.

"hey!" he felt a tap on his shoulder which prompted him to turn its direction. hyunjin faintly smiled as he saw chan standing next to him, one of his arms holding the one backpack strap on his shoulder. chan did a motion with his empty arm, signaling hyunjin to follow him.

"i'm glad you're able to do this on such short notice." chan shyly giggled as they walked to his car. hyunjin nodded after a second too long, being a little slow to process his words.

hyunjin let out a chuckle, "short notice, my ass. giving me a few hours to think about this— and you, yourself— i hope you don't do this to everyone!" hyunjin tried to clear the awkward air with a few jokes. he tried his best to act like someone who wasn't trying not to shit himself— not literally.

the two got into chan's car, sitting in silence for a couple minutes as chan began to exit the school parking lot. hyunjins leg bounced up and down as his head stayed looking out the window.

chan took notice, "you nervous?"

"yeah, how could you tell?" hyunjin let out a fake laugh. chan couldn't tell the difference.

"we're gonna go to the park nearby, is that okay?" chan responded with a slight laugh. it was as if he tried to clear the air too. his tone was soft and calming.

hyunjin nodded, opening his phone quickly and turning the brightness down secretly.

୨୧

PUSSY DESTROYERS 🧱

HYUNJIN
hi guys

CHANGBIN
SPEAK

CHANGBIN
I SEE UR LOCATION

HYUNJIN
HE SAID WE'RE GOING TO
THE PARK

CHANGBIN
A FUCKING PARK DATE???

HYUNJIN
ITS NOT A DATE

MINHO
then y r u guys at the park

HYUNJIN
cause it's an easy place to just talk

JISUNG
Why cant you guys go out
to eat??

HYUNJIN
THEN ITS ACTUALLY A DATE

MINHO
feel like parks are more
intimate

HYUNJIN
minho you're not helping

MINHO
there's nothing to help

MINHO
sounds like a date

HYUNJIN
WELL I DONT HAVE THAT
INTENTION

HYUNJIN
SO ITS NOTHING

JISUNG
Expect all of us to say
we told you so when he starts
flirting

CHANGBIN
JISUNG DONT PUT THAT OUT
IN THE UNIVERSE

HYUNJIN
NOTHING IS HAPPENING

HYUNJIN
HES FELIX' FRIEND

CHANGBIN
AND UR MY FRIEND GOING
ON A DATE W CHAN

MINHO
r we serious fighting or
play fighting

JISUNG
looks serious

CHANGBIN
playing

CHANGBIN
/hj

HYUNJIN
OHMYGOD OKAY BYE

୨୧

hyunjin and chan bickered at each other as if they've been friends for a while and their speech was already well known. they debated whether to sit in the field of the park under a tree or one of the benches the part provided.

"the grass is itchy! do you have a blanket?!" hyunjin outbursts, determination in his voice to out rule chan's idea. chan shrugged and continued to laugh at the sight of hyunjin whining.

"it's a sunny day! it would be nice!" chan's arm extended out as if the sun that gilded onto their heads weren't obvious to anyone who was outside.

hyunjin stayed persistent on sitting at a bench to make it less intimate as it seems. changbin's voice in his head acted like a little devil to his angel, already scolding him for following chan into the field and sitting down on their sweaters.

"see! not so bad, huh," chan giggled as hyunjin faces scrunched up and his lips pouted. "at least pretend you like it here with me." chan managed to break hyunjins stone face.

hyunjins legs were laid out straight and leaned back, his arms holding himself up as he looked at the sky as small clouds moved seemingly fast. chan was in the same position, facing the same way as him.

"so whyd you wanna hang out?" hyunjin asked. he didn't look over to chan's direction although chan looked over as he spoke.

"you probably wanted me to tell you about felix, hm?" chan showcased a closed smile. hyunjin nodded and glanced over to chan. he unconsciously had a face that conveyed hope. he anticipated chan's news.

"i only knew since you agreed to go out with me after i mentioned his name."

hyunjin chuckled in confusion, "yeah? you're his friend right?" hyunjin could feel his phone starting to buzz consistently.

chan nodded as he shifted his focus on a group of clouds slowly moving by, "i am. told him that his plan was stupid— the whole letter thing," he spoke as if he was reminiscing on an old memory.

he continued, "he was so scared to approach you; i told him you didn't seem someone to be scared to talk to. and i was right!"

hyunjin looked at chan, confused on what he was trying to convey. he examined his facial expressions and his body language; yet, still unsure of what was about to be said from the other boy. he still didn't confirm nor deny what hyunjin had assumed.

chan looked over at hyunjin again, "i may be felix' friend but, what's different between him and i is that i'd make a real move on someone i find interesting."

hyunjin stammered on his words, "what do you mean? you're interested in me? b—but you're his friend?" he began spewing out countless amounts of questions.

chan could only chuckle and shrug his shoulders, "nothing wrong with a little competition, right? why do you think felix is trying to get you two to meet so badly now?"