four. the one who sticks out like a sore thumb

ooo

ooo. 𝕿he one who sticks out like a sore thumb

𝕽eal life ― 𝕭arcelona pre-party

Nothing appeared more agitating than catching a common influenza the night before Juliette's opening gig in Barcelona. Head aches, aching limbs and high temperatures weren't the most picture-esque beginning she was expecting especially the constant infectious coughing depriving from her mouth ― it resulted in other contestants to keep away within a five feet radius of her.

Never was she to admit it was upsetting, it was more of an intelligent strategy so it would refrain from others ending up in bed with a mug of raspberry tea and a crimson nose but residing in corner clothed in a frilly daffodil tutu frightened Juli ― especially since every look glanced at her was either filled with judgment or disdain.

For heaven's sake ! She was in a country filled with melodic music and bewilderingly sensational architecture but she was acting like a neglected child in a desolate corner feeling sorry for herself ?

Everyone at the pre-party was canoodling so why not pave the way with the crowd ? The hustle and bustle of the venue mocked Juli's fear but nonetheless she pulled through the crowds of sweaty bodies.

"Terrifying get up." A voice commented loud and proudly when Juliette accidently trampled on a stranger's foot. Upon first hearing those words, Juli had no idea how to react due to not knowing if it was either a compliment or an insult.

"Pardon ?" Now looking directly into the onlooker eyes, her words croaking at her agonisingly punctured throat and eyes heavy ― the illness was definitely wearing her out. "Oh ! I of course didn't mean it as an insult . . . I just thought that you look . . great ?" Maybe it was the thick foreign accent or language barrier but Juliette was perplexed resulting in her to raise an eyebrow in bafflement.

Continuing to analyse the foreigner, Juliette came to the astounding realisation of the dialect, poor choice of vocabulary ― he must've been a fellow contestant but the barricade of the somber venue played mind tricks on her. "Are you an entry this year by any chance ?" Juliette crossed her arms over her focculent circus-like petticoat, the uneasy feeling devouring her insides.

"Yes ! Sorry if I offended you―" The musician began to explain his antics just to be cut off by Juli. "No, no don't apologise it's entirely my fault . . . oh my gosh I'm sorry for cutting you off that was so rude !" Covering her mouth with her pearly velvet gloved hand, feeling out-of-this-world dense at her actions upon meeting someone new. Juliette's panic was interrupted by the man's chuckles, was he finding this amusing ?