1 °○° Quest

•●•

| Ep 1 : The Plea |

•●•

The Grand Line
New World
Location: Unknown
12 Years Ago

10 Years Since
The Great Pirate Era
Began

•●•

The waters on the Grand Line had never been calmer. There were no waves or ripples for as long as the eye could see. Its surface became like glass, allowing the hidden sea creatures below to be visible. One would assume they had entered the calm belt, but that wasn't the case. It was simply a rare and beautiful occurrence. And right in the middle of it sat a pirate ship.

The Obsidian Dawn. The flagship of the Man'o'war Pirates. Its black hull with exquisite ivory Rococo detailing on the bow and stern contrasted the aquamarine blue sea it floated on. Its porcelain white sails challenged the white clouds coasting overhead in the sky. And a proud jolly roger with a white skull on top of a red bird silhouette swayed on the top of the mast as a warning to those who dared challenge them.

It was truly a magnificent ship. The pirates who resided on it prided themselves on its beauty and kept it well maintained. And every small time pirate or rookie marine alike who crossed them on the Grand Line feared its owner:

Captain Sorin D Sparrow.

As the name suggests, he came from the infamous and legendary pirate family lineage of Sparrows. Their roots traced back centuries and they were always involved in piracy. But that's not all they were. The Sparrows were also responsible for another matter only the top officials in the World Government were knowledgeable about; they helped establish the Seven Warlords of the Sea. A fact that granted them some amnesty on the Grand Line.

To the world, they were nothing more than notorious Pirates. To the Pirates, they were nothing more than lucky bastards who always managed to "escape" the Marines.

With such clemency, Sorin used this to his advantage and sailed the Grand Line. He gathered his crew and lived a life worth living as a Pirate. He and the Man'o'war Pirates made many memories and adventures along the way. Like sharks keeping the reefs in check, they kept the Grand Line in check from no-good Pirates; a role the Sparrows upheld generation after generation. . .

That is until a certain pirate arrived by the name of Gol D Roger.

As Sparrows, the World Government never gave them rules. There was an unspoken truce, a kind of "turn a blind eye" attitude to the Sparrows movements. However, when they allowed Roger to sail pass them unscathed and achieve his goal of reaching the end of the Grand Line, it caused trouble. And to make matters worse, Sorin and his crew made an alliance with the so-called King of the Pirates.