Ep II

...

Episode 2: a new dawn.

...

--Ummm...!

Without realizing it I had begun to wake up, I didn't even remember when I had fallen asleep. Today I felt very bad; I had a bad headache and very strong dizziness. It was like I was hungover or hungover, but that wasn't possible after all, I've never tasted a drop of alcohol. But, in addition to that, I felt a strange numbness in some parts of my body, along with a completely upset stomach.

[A...Did I fall asleep playing?]

In addition to the "hangover," my memories were blurry and messy.

My entire vision was slightly obscured by my virtual reality headset, but some streaks of light passed through some parts of the headset. I sat on the side of the bed and then took off my helmet.

--Umg!...

A great burning appeared on my face and I quickly covered my eyes with my hands, all because of the sudden change of light in my eyes.

I removed my hands from my face and between blinking I began to open my eyes.

Now everything had become completely clear. Once everything became clear I stood up, looked for a second at the window of my room; It seemed like today was going to be a very sunny day. I took my eyes off the window and directed it to the door of my room.

I opened the door, walked out and started down the stairs.

As I walked down the stairs, I thought about a possible solution to my headache. But while I was thinking about it, some sensations coming from my back and chest reached my brain, but thanks to the "hangover" and the evening insomnia, I couldn't take them with great importance.

"Alex, breakfast is ready!"

Almost reaching the bottom of the stairs I heard my mother.

It gave me a bit of an impression listening to her since usually at this time she should be asleep or at work. But well, without giving it any more thought I just headed to the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen I could see Mom at the stove and Sara; who was still wearing her bunny pajamas, eating breakfast. Sara only ate her scrambled eggs while next to her she had a glass of milk. She hadn't even noticed my appearance, but or rather she just ignored me,

[why is he ignoring me!.]

I took a step forward to fully enter the kitchen, but...

*Boing, Boing*

A strange sound was heard. With the corners of my eyes I looked towards some corner of the kitchen and there was nothing, but when I took another step, something happened.

*Boing, Boing*

Again I could hear the same sound.

Apparently Sara had also noticed that strange sound, but she also seemed... Annoyed?

Sara just took her glass of milk and brought it to her mouth to take a sip, but before drinking her milk she looked straight at me, with an irritated expression.

She was surprised.

His expression had completely changed and he had frozen. Literally the milk she was about to drink was spilling out of her wide open mouth.