Chapter 19

*ೃ༄·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳Chapter 21 is prob gonna be my fav <33333*ೃ༄·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

Illumi's POV

"Are you sure that thing bit you?" I said as I rushed Kalluto to the basement, where I could tend to his wound without anyone catching us...His hand was all red and he kept clutching it for dear life. "Would my hand feel like it's getting chopped off otherwise?" He said bluntly before we made it to the medical wing that no one occupied. I sat him down on a table, the bright fluorescent lights were blinding to both my brother and I.
"Show me your hand..." I said calmly as I put on some rubber gloves and got out the medical first-aid kit...(We had atleast twenty of them ready to go).
"How do you know what you're doing..." He said hesitantly, as I opened the first aid kit and got out some liquid to disinfect the wound, I heaved a sigh. 
"When you're the eldest child, you tend to become a second parent. You tend to become an experiment for the parents...I...Learned a lot of things." I said before I shook the bottle a bit, before I sprayed it onto his tiny hand. I can tell that it must sting, but it is what it is. The amount of time i've been injected with venom when I was a teenager was ridiculous! I'm surprised I haven't died.
"...Being the youngest isn't the greatest, either..." Kalluto said with a sigh, I nod my head before I grab a bowl of lukewarm water, and place his hand in it. "I can assure you, it only gets even more difficult as you grow older...You know how Mother always says that it's a very critical time for Killua? Well that's because he's going through pshycological changes. I went through that, it gets really confusing." I explained, Kalluto was ten years old and he diffinitely could know about puberty. But he didn't ask, so I wasn't sure if he was cuirious. 
"...Was it struggling for you?" Kalluto asked, I rinsed his hand with soapy water. I didn't think the bite from the stupid cat was that bad, so I didn't think it was necessary to call a butler or anything...But that was my assumption, i'd be keeping an eye on my younger brother for the next few weeks. 

 "...Yes..." I said flatly, before I remove his hand from the water and wrap it with a towel as I get the bandages prepared. "How so?" Kalluto asked.
Gosh, where do I start?
"Well, I was up and down. One minute I liked something, and the next I hated it. I had akward stages, when Milluki was your age- physically, I did not look good. I had begun to grow my hair out, my skin was full of acne, and I had braces for god knows how long." I said before I dab his hand with the towel, making sure it was completely dry.
There was a long pause as I tended to Kalluto's wound.
"Did you...Ever feel...Lonely? Like the family doesn't like you...Or that your siblings didn't like you..." Kalluto said quietly. I had a feeling he was asking his own feelings. And my heart softened a tad bit. I felt a bit proud of myself that he felt that he could talk to me with that sort of stuff. 
"I mainly kept to myself, I never liked people...But every now and then I did infact feel lonely, but I had a few people that I considered friends. But I want you to know that you can only have friends if and when you're strong enough to lead the Zoldycks. You don't need friends, I only had friends because i was gifted, understood?!" I said sternly, Kalluto nodded before I put some cream on his hand to make sure it wouldn't get worse. I wrapped his hands around in a bandage, before I sighed. 

"Alright, all done." I said calmly, Kalluto looked up at me. But he remained silent. "Can we, still talk?" He said quietly. I looked at him for a bit before I nodded. "I'm assuming you have some questions?" I said before I began to hide the evidence and put the bandage wrappers all away in the garbage.
"Yeah..." He said calmly, I sat next to him on the table before I checked my nails.
I should really clip these...

"Well, go ahead and ask." I said calmly before averting my gaze from my finger nails to my younger brother. "Well...Don't be upset, but while you were on your two day mission, I found an old box that had a ton of pictures of you from highschool. And you had a ton of pictures of this girl...Did you ever have a girlfriend?" He said calmly. My eyes widened before I heaved a huff. "Well, Kalluto...Do you ever remember something that you really don't want to remember?" I said flatly, he nodded. "Well, I trained myself to forget my highschool memories...But...I'm certain I had around one or two. Though they weren't special, I didn't really like them. Honestly I never found happiness in most of the girls I spoke with." I said with a hum. Kalluto raises his eyebrow before looking at me. "You said most.." He said with a small smirk.
Cheeky little shit.

"Well, there was this one girl...Though, I don't remember what she looks like or what her name even was thanks to my little memory training...But...She was truly amazing...She was in the art of assassination aswell...And...She- she." I said, I looked down with a faint smile, I didn't notice how I was trailing off. I desperately wanted to know what she looked like again, or her name...
"And?! Tell me more!" Kalluto said with a small smirk.
I clear my throat before pausing, as I try to remember more...
"I recall small features...She had e/c eyes, and she was in the band...Hmph...Though, shes long gone. We got into an argument and I'm never going back." I said sternly before checking Kalluto's hand.
"Okay, well i'll keep an eye on you for the next few weeks. And stay away from that cat, just until M/n gets her under control." I said calmly. "Didn't M/n say that the daughter control's the cat?" He said with his tiny voice. 
"Well, she probably has one stupid kid." I huffed,
"Illumi?" 
I peer at my sibling.
"Did...You cause the argument? Between you and your friend?" Kalluto said calmly.

...

I wasn't going to answer.

"That is another story for another time, now come on. We're going to stir up suspicious activities if we aren't back upstairs yet." I said calmly as I lead my little brother out of the medical wing.