Sketchbook

Rin gave out a tired sighed and stretched her back as she looked at her painting, which is in a work in progress. She felt that she's been in her and Len's room for weeks, even though it was only a couple of hours. She looked at the window and saw that it was starting to get dark outside, though she's worried that if she takes a break now, she will lose time to finish the portrait for Miki's birthday. She still had another portrait for Piko's birthday to continue working on too. This is what she gets for procrastinating most of the day...

She looked at her nightstand looking at the empty plate, which once had snacks that Luka left for her. Beside it was an empty cup. Her throat felt like a drought. She grabbed it so she could refill it with water and return back to her room as quickly as possible.

Maybe if she stayed up longer, she would get a lot more progress done on both portraits, maybe even finishing them a lot earlier than expected.

~~~

When she returned, she noticed a pair of teal twin tails by her door frame. That's right, Miku told her that she would get home early from her weekly photo shoots, she smiled as her chest grew warm as she walked towards the twin tails.

"Do you like it, Miku?" She saw Miku jump and turned around when she heard Rin's voice.

Miku's expression quickly turned from surprised to happiness "Rin Chan!" She exclaimed as she gave her a hug and a kiss on her forehead.

Rin's face turned rosey red as she hugged her back. She always loved how she isn't shy when it comes to her affection towards her and the people she loves. She became more effortlessly loving and affectionate towards her over the years, even before they started to date. That was another reason why she found Miku to be adorable. Another reason she loved her.

"Rin Chan! Your painting looks so good!"

"It's not done yet Miku!" Rin giggled

"I know! I know! I meant that it looks really good!" They let each other go to walk into her and and looked at the halfway done portrait of Miki in the twins' room.

"She's going to love it!"

Rin turned to her "I hope so"

"Hey, what are you getting her and piko's birthday?"

"Oh! Uh....I'm not sure.." Miku smiled awkwardly

"Don't worry about it, you've been very busy lately" Rin gave her a reassuring smile "You have plenty of time to look for their gifts, I can even help you if you want!"

Miku smiled, they both looked at the portrait again. Rin thought about how much blending, shading and lighting she needed to do. It was just a pretty cute portrait of Miki with a sweater on that's planned to be a galaxy themed sweater, she really seemed to like those sweaters.

"Rin-Chan?"

"Hm?"

"Can I watch you paint?"

Rin felt a little nervous about people staring at her while she paint, but she didn't really mind if it was Miku.

"Of course you can!"

~~~

About a half an hour, Rin focused on her painting while she caught glimpses of Miku watching from her bed. Although, it didn't seem that Miku is actually looking at her painting.

She made another glimpse again, in which she noticed that she's not looking at her anymore but at something else. She looked at her way and noticed the corner of the room, a handful of old sketchbooks stacked on top of each other. She was kinda embarrassed that she just had all the sketchbooks there instead of having it somewhere else neatly, but she couldn't really find any room for them.