Prolouge

Yadava Satrajit stood on the vast plane of sand, onlooking the huge waves of the ocean. The bluish green water splashed and screamed as it thrusted into the rocky shore afar.

His eyes were closed and his palms joined in reverence. His lips uttered mantra softly. The redness of his feet gave away the fact that he has been present here for days. The salty gashes on his legs being indication to his undying devotion.

Suryadev was justing commencing his journey from the east to the west, on his chariot of gold. The earth was coming alive with the light, and the day has just begun.

It was sudden, when the calming beach started to light up, and the heat of the sand started increasing. Satrajit's closed eyes moved for the first time in a while, as a bright light came towards him, unexpected.

He slowly and cautiously opened his eyes, taking in the form of Suryadev, who appeared infront of him in all his glory, the beaming characteristic light of the God almost blinding to a common man's eyes. Satrajit smiled in pure devotion as he kneeled infront of his Aradhya, still with joined palms.

Suryadev Returned the smile as he uttered in his rustic voice, "I am satisfied with the devotion you have displayed so relentlessly. You may always have my blessings with you my child."

Suryadev took hold of the Red Jewel adorning his torso along with another lot of jewels. Taking it off, he extended it towards his devotee.

"This is Syamantaka. This jewel is utmost valuable as it creates eight bharas of gold daily for its keeper. Additionally, It elevates the prosperity of the land and keeps it away from any kind of calamities. I gift you this, Satrajit."

Satrajit, overwhelmed with the devotion, gracefully and gratefully accepted the blessing and the gift and returned to his land, being the prosperous of men.

--------
Glossary

• Aaradhya - Deity
• 8 bhara of gold - Appr. 77kg of Gold

--------

There are other variations of the story, Where the theme and concept stay the same. Hope you enjoyed it. Do vote if you liked it.