6- Shaping History

Severus and Rowena looked towards Siveon, not knowing how to react.

"I am glad that your weakness has finally paid off," said Siveon, showing his crooked smile. "You have made things a lot easier for me."

"Shut your mouth," Rowena snapped. She and Severus had jumped to their feet and were on guard, wands at the ready.

"I'm afraid you will be the one to keep quiet, Rowena, and this time it will be for good," Siveon raised his wand and pointed it at her. "Avada Kedavra."

"Flipendo!" Severus shouted, also pointing towards the woman. His spell hit Rowena and knocked her out of the curse's path, but he didn't stop to see if the trick had worked, because he turned on Siveon and attacked him.

Siveon created a powerful shield to defend himself and in turn attacked Severus, who was thrown backwards through the air, but had enough reflexes to send a curse before hitting the ground. Siveon screamed in pain but took revenge by sending a barrage of explosive spells against his former master. Severus lost his wand when he was hit on the arm and stayed on the ground, watching as Siveon approached him, ready to finish him off.

"Avada–"

"Flipendo" this time it had been Rowena who cast the spell, knocking Siveon down. Those precious seconds helped Severus recover his wand and get up.

He raised his arm to attack Siveon, but he threw a fireball at Rowena, who screamed in pain as she was helplessly enveloped by the flames. That scream distracted Severus, and Siveon took the opportunity to suddenly attack him.

Severus tried to concentrate, but he couldn't help Rowena because he was having serious difficulty stopping his pupil's rampant attack.

"It seems to me, Snape, that you will not be able to complete your mission," he mocked. Severus glared at him with anger.

"Finite Incantem," he shouted, pointing toward Rowena. Instantly, the flames around her disappeared, but Severus received a painful spell in the chest. He fell to the ground again, feeling how a piece of iron was pressing on his chest, preventing him from breathing. Siveon held the spell, smiling as he watched Severus suffocate.

"No!" Rowena shouted, running towards Severus and kneeling next to him. "Enough! Leave him alone!"

"Be quiet!" Siveon shouted at her, casting a Cruciatus. Rowena screamed as she felt the pain coursing through her body, piercing her. The curse seemed eternal, especially since Siveon was in no hurry to remove it. It amused him to see how his victims writhed at his feet, unable to defend themselves.

After a few minutes of agony, he decided to raise the wand and let the woman breathe.

"It's time to put an end to all this," Siveon gloated, approaching her. "It's been interesting meeting you."

Rowena tried to stand up to face him or go to Severus, but a new Cruciatus fell on her, harder than before. Severus heard her screams without being able to move, and barely breathing. Rage and helplessness filled him inside, competing with the spell that was suffocating him. He fought against that invisible claw with all his might, hearing Rowena's torment over and over again, and finally managed to free himself, inhaling a great breath of air.

He grabbed onto his wand and cursed Siveon. The masked man, who was not expecting it, received a powerful electric shock that pinned him against the wall, leaving him unconscious. Severus crawled over to Rowena, who was breathing weakly, and lifted her into his arms.

"Are you all right?" he asked her.

"Yes... I think so," she answered, with a look of pain on her face. "And you?"