Happy New Year

It was a cold and dark December evening, but there was excitement buzzing in the air, as it was new years eve. It was quiet on the streets, partly because of the thick snow flakes that fluttered down and because all the residents were nice and cozy inside.

Some enjoyed the evening with their families drinking hot coco near the fire place, playing boardgames and others were partying with their friends, to celebrate the ending of the year and to ring in the new year together.

That evening our mobian friends were gathered at Amy's place. She had organised a big party for all her friends. Music, laughter and the clinking of glasses surrounded them all, as they summarised the year and shared funny stories. Others danced happily and smoothly under the influence of a drink.

Surrounded by this big crowd of joy full people was Silver, he was sitting in one of the chairs near the fire. He quietly watched how the others were celebrating and laughing. Now and again some of his friends came over, to try and invite him over to the dance floor. But to be honest, Silver wasn't in the mood to celebrate loudly as the others did. He wasn't very fond of big loud parties, he tried to have a conversation, but you almost had to scream at each other to actually make yourself intelligible.

Every time the doorbell rang Silver perked up curiously to find out who attended the party. He let out a frustrated sigh when he, yet again, felt rather lonely even though he was surrounded by so many people, it felt like something, or someone, was missing. He looked how Amy was busy pleasing everybody, she looked quite stressed but also happy with all the compliments she received about the party.

Silver emptied his glass. His cheeks had a slight pink colour because of the alcohol. He stood up from his seat, as he felt rather bored he thought it might be better to be active and see if there was something he could help with. He walked through the crowd to follow Amy towards the kitchen, he looked around to all the guests as he did.

"Oh hey Silver," Amy said as he entered the kitchen, "Something I can help you with?" She asked and took his empty glass and poured some extra champagne in it. Silver looked rather surprised as she handed the glass back to him, even though he hadn't asked for a refill.

"Oh no thank you," Silver said a little awkwardly, "It's my third glass already and I'm not really used to this much of alcohol." He looked around the kitchen to see a big mess with different drinks, appetizers and ingredients. "I was wondering if I could help you with anything. You're so busy, shouldn't you enjoy your own party?"

Amy chuckled, "Don't you worry about me. I like doing this for all you guys. Are you enjoying yourself?" She asked while she cuts a few cheeses for a snack plate.

"Yeah sort of," Silver said, who didn't ment to sound ungrateful. "Can I maybe help you with the snacks?"

"Well, if you want, you could make some nacho's and start on the small meatballs," She suggested.

Silver rolled up his sleeves and did as she said. It was nice to be able to do something, instead of sitting and seeing the others having fun.

The doorbell rang, Silver again perked up curiously. He watched as Amy quickly left the kitchen to let the new guests enter. Silver looked through the gab at the door to see how Amy let Rouge enter. He raised his eyebrows and looked interested as Amy and Rouge talked. He looked frustrated when Amy closed the door again, knowing that only Rouge was added to the party, he turned back to the meatballs.

"Uff, yeah I could use a drink," Rouge's voice was heard from near the kitchen.

"Was it that bad at work today?" Amy asked as they both entered.

"Just the regular to be honest. But it's just annoying how everybody could leave early and Shadow of course wanted to keep working on this complicated case," Rouge explained annoyed as she took the glass Amy offered her. Silver suddenly perked up as he listened to their conversation. Rouge drank the glass in one long gulp and let Amy fill it again. "It's sometimes pretty annoying how determined he is on solving the case," She rolled her eyes, "Sorry, but I've a life you know," She said annoyed.