twelve.

It did not turn out okay.

Minho and I had a great time on the bus. We edited and curated an album of all the pictures I'd clicked here up until now, shared and listened to our playlists. The difference in our music tastes was jarring, but that's also what made our mixed playlist so refreshing.

Then we arrived at our destination and the boys and girls were asked to pair up for the living situation, separately. Naturally Kitty and I gravitated toward each other, but before either of us could voice our very obvious choice, Yuri addressed firmly that she would be bunking with my best friend.

No matter how much we asked, she stuck to her decision like glue. Not only that, her stubbornness was polite, and politeness was a trait I respected. That's how I ended up pairing with Madison instead.

The rooming situation, much like our dorm, was much larger compared to others with KISS aiming to please her family with this trip, but it didn't make up for the fact that I didn't get to be with Kitty like I'd hoped.

Minho's hand waving in front of my face brought me back.

"Are you going to keep making that sad face?"

I turned my head to face him. "I can't help it. I thought coming to KISS would be a bonding experience for us, but Kitty and I are further apart than we've ever been."

"You'd think being away from that would bring you joy," he remarked with raised eyebrows and retreated back when I reprimanded him the only way I knew.

"Don't refer to her like that."

"Only if you stop pouting." I put a hand on my lips and it seemed that I'd been unintentionally doing it. Minho looked closely as I set them right, before suddenly shaking his head. "You know what? Let's call my mom."

"Your mom?"

"That's why I came here in the first place." He pulled his phone out and clicked on her contact.

"I should leave then." I was supposed to go back soon anyway since Madison and I planned on watching Tune In For Love tonight.

Minho stopped me as I got up to walk out of the bus. "No, I want you here. It'll cheer you up and mom would love to see you too."

"Hello, my son." The voice came from Minho's phone. His mom had picked up the call.

He gestured for me to sit down as he looked at her with a bright smile, lit up in the dark of the bus by the warm light of his phone screen. "Oh, hi, mom."

"I thought you said you were camping?" The sweet voice asked.

"Yeah, but there's no wifi in our tents." He looked at me enviously. "Or at least in mine."

"Oh, who's there?" I smoothed down my hair as Minho brought me in frame as well. "Is this Flora, the girl you've been talking about so much?"

He nodded cutely. "Yes."

"Hi," his mom greeted with a beautiful smile when I finally gained the courage to look directly at her. "I'm Minho's mom, Dami."

"Hello, ma'am," I greeted with a bow as was respectful even if she probably couldn't see me that well due to the darkness on our side.

"I don't think you have to do all that," Minho whispered.

"I want to," I whispered back before returning my attention to his mother. "It's nice to finally talk to you. Minho brags about you a lot."