Chapter 1- The Bounty Board

"Lloyd, I get you want to thank the Resistance in person, but is thanking them in person necessary?" Kai asks, putting a hand on his hip as he walks beside his friend. Lloyd sighs deeply, crossing his arms as he turns towards his friend, his green eyes seeming quite stern.

"Kai, it's the nice thing to do. If you didn't want to come, you could have stayed with Nya and Wyldfyre back at the Monastery."

"But they're reading books!" He sighs, "Well, correction, Nya's reading books. Wyldfyre's probably goofing around like she usually does."

"Books on her elemental power. We know it isn't the same as yours, so what exactly is it?" He asks, partially to him, partially to himself. He glances up at the impressive black and orange architecture of Imperium, its grand buildings a masquerade of the secrets that have slowly managed to rise to the surface. Even when he found out about Imperium using live dragons as enters sources, he was quite dumbfounded. He thought that place was, well, perfect.

"I have no idea...like, heat or something?" Kai suggests, cocking his head to the left slightly in thought. He also looks up at the impressive city, feeling a few people walk past with a smile and wave. Kai waves back, grinning, even winking towards one of the girls.

"That's a decent possibility." Lloyd nods, letting his arms hang loose at his sides as he watches Kai wink at a random by-passer. His green eyes narrow slightly. "Really, Kai?"

Kai turns back to Lloyd, his brown eyes sparkling with mischief. "What?"

"You know what I'm talking about, dude. Seriously, you don't have to flirt with every girl, or guy, you see."

"I'm not flirting with you, though?"

"That's because we're basically platonic siblings." Lloyd crosses his arms. "That would be weird as hell if we flirted with each other."

"True, true." Kai sighs, seeing a familiar secret trash can entrance come up ahead. He grins. "Hey, we're almost there!!" He picks up the pace a little bit and starts to jog over there. Lloyd sighs, and follows him, chuckling to himself a little bit. 

The two ninja end up near the garbage bin where the rebellion's base was located. Waiting for them is a very familiar looking kid, with a huge grin on his face, his brown eyes sparkling.

"You made it!!" Percival grins, walking towards them with a friendly attitude, his hands at his hips. "Thank you for making it all this way out to Imperium just for this. Honestly, you guys are the best."

"It's no problem, really." Kai chuckles, crossing his arms casually. 

"Wait, is Arin not with you guys or something?" Percival cocks his head, his smile dropping a little bit.

"No, sorry. Her was going to show up, but he said he wanted to do some spinjitzu training with Sora back at the Monastery." Lloyd explains, "we can tell people what the issue is when we get back from our little trip from here."

"Good plan, come on inside before anyone else follows us." Percival rushes over to the dumpster, opens the lid, and jumps inside. Lloyd looks down the hatch, and follows him, along with Kai, who lets out a yelp of surprise as he falls down.

Now, most people would expect to land headfirst into a pile of dirt and garbage when jumping straight into a dumpster. But, not this one. The "dumpster" leads them down a small jump, where Lloyd's feet hit against a cold, metal flooring. A chill runs up his arms, feeling the cool breeze of the Imperium Resistance Force's base once more. Kai dusts himself off, cracking his neck slightly as he stands up.

Lloyd takes a minute to familiarize himself with the base. There wasn't much to it, only cold, shiny metal walls that keep the place cool, as well as a few junk pieces of metal, but not much. It seems Percival has had a clean up since they last came here, Lloyd thinks to himself.

As Percival walks, he starts to explain the changes they have made to the place, such as the clean ups of scrap metal and the portal gates, as well as the new bulletin boards they've added. Kai nods, and gives a few "oohs" and "aahs" to what he says, but Lloyd doesn't pay much attention. He takes a moment to look at the bulletin boards in detail. The first one he came across displayed a news article based around the old Emperor's death. Supposedly, he had died in an accident,but Lord Ras and Empress Beatrix had caused that.

Lloyd felt a fist clench when he saw Beatrix's photo. On the outside, she was someone who was clearly a figure of authority, with brown eyes that sparkled in the sun, and pure white hair that was washed to the side, a smile that seems so real, but also fake at the same time. Lloyd should know that people can be deceptive, I mean, he's had his fair share of encounters with liars. But, to gaslight your own people? That was a whole new level of messed up.

He slowly maneuvers to the next bulletin, which stood near the entrance of the resistance meeting room. This one showed something about bounties and what the Empress wanted for their capture. Obviously, Lloyd and his friends were on there. After all, they did set free most of the dragons that powered Imperium. It was quite a scene, and even caused Lloyd to feel a lot of panic. 

"Yo, Lloyd, you coming buddy?" Kai calls from a few meters away, peering out from behind the corner with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm comi-- wait a minute." He starts to take a step towards him, when he notices something. He takes a look back at the picture of the ninja and notice something that catches his eye.

"Hey, Percival, who are these other people on the list here? What does this all mean?" Lloyd crosses his arms, his green eyes staring curiously at the multiple other pictures.

"Oh? This? Well, this is a board of some of the highest bounties placed on people's heads." Percival explains, "your on there because of, well, the dragon incident. I can explain who the other two are?"

"Yeah, I'm kinda curious now." Kai says, seemingly appearing behind the two.

"Well," Percival begins as he clears his throat, "The person below you is Miguel Matthew, a famous robber. He breaks into people's homes and steals people's belongings. He hasn't been caught, but the authorities are on high guard." The image displaying Miguel is one of a light skinned man wearing an eye patch, with a scar just barely poking out the bottom of it.

"Seems just like an average criminal you'd find in Ninjago." Lloyd mutters, but then he glances up to the top image- two people, a man and a woman. "What about those two?"

"Oh, those two?" Percival, asks, pointing to the man and woman, "they are known as the Duality. They're kind of a more extreme version of us, I guess. It's actually how we got that key card that got you to the Advanced Systems Lab."

"Oh really?" Lloyd cocks his head. "What else is there that you know?"

"Not much, only that they're two siblings who seem to know their way around Imperium a lot. They hated the Empress with a passion due to her rule, and have stopped since she fell through that merge quake."

"I see..." Kai nods, "well, we should get back to that meeting now. You know, about the "issue" that has risen?"

"Yes, of course, let's go!!" Percival leads Lloyd and Kai towards the meeting room, leaving the picture on the wall of the man and woman, that same dull look on both of their faces, like a passport photo would.