Chapter 2- Where are they now?

In another area of the Merged realms, that same bounty poster, only this time printed out on a  piece of paper, has been pinned to a cork board. The two faces, still seemingly staring into nothingness, one with a smug smile, the other with an annoyed look.

Below the images is the high bounty of 10.7 million. For each sibling. All seems still, and everything calm, until  pin flies through the hole of the zero, making a small noise as metal meets paper and cork.

"Bullseye!!" A male voice exclaimed excitedly. His voice sounds full of energy and character, and the grin on his face matches it. The man, standing up and walking up to the pin board, plucks the pin out with his index finger and his thumb, still grinning warmly. He examines the pin's white plastic top as he walks back to the couch where he sits down. He gently pushes some of his long black hair out of his face. Most of it was in a ponytail for now, but he likes to keep a few strands loose.

"2 in a row?" He says, closing one eye and throwing the pin again. This time, it hits just below the zero. The man sighs, a disappointed look on his face. "Damn it..." he mumbles under his breath, exhaling deeply.

He looks to the left of him, where the TV is. Should he watch something? No, he reckons he should wait until later at least. He stands up again, looking around him. The man's eyes narrow, and his gut churns a little, like he has a feeling he's being watched. His heart beats just a little faster, and he starts to look around. All the lights in the room are on, so there shouldn't be anything lurking in the shadows. But he still has a feeling, and a strong one at that.

He looks open to the door that leads to the other rooms in the building, and his eyes narrow ever so slightly. In the back of his mind, he knows someone, or something is behind that door. 

In a heartbeat, something flies past his head, making his eyes widen. It hits the wall next to him, just inches from his face. Only moving his eyes, he notices the intricate design of what was throws at his head, sighing in relief.

"Really, sis?" He says, as a familiar laugh comes from the dark hall, and someone emerges. It's a woman, one that looks all too familiar to the wanted poster on the cork board. He takes a look at the playing card that landed next to him, pulling it out the wall and chucking it towards his sister.

"Did I seriously scare you?" She teases, catching the card between two fingers and tucking it into her waistcoat pocket. Unlike her younger brother's voice, hers was calming to the ears, but still quite stern and cold. She crosses her arms, a smirk on her face.

"Yeah!! I was trying to find something to do, then you come out of the dark like the Wish version of Wednesday Addams." The man scoffs, leaning against the wall. 

"Weird way of putting it, but alright." The woman chuckles lightly once more, walking towards the kitchen, which is tucked away behind the living room. She sits casually on the island of the kitchen, crossing her legs, one over another.

"So," he heads towards the island too, putting his hands against the cool, dark surface of the granite that makes up the top of the island. "any updates on, you know, furry guy?"

"His name is Lord Ras, and no, I haven't found anything. I'm getting closer though..." She explains, her eyes, which are a deep green colour, stare at the granite surface below her fingers. They narrow slightly in thought. "That stuck up brat disappeared too."

"Ohh, that Jordana kid?" The man's brown eyes light up in realization, then he rolls them. "God, she was really annoying. She had a huge ego problem."

"She did, didn't she?" The woman sighs, her voice still calm yet with a drop of sarcasm, "From what we've seen from security footage, they had a vial of...something."

"It looked like someone's radioactive piss." The man comments.

"Seriously?" She looks at her sibling, her face having a very annoyed look on it.

"Am I wrong?"

"...no actually you aren't...for once." She mutters the last part under her breath.

"I HEARD THAT." 

"Anyways, we're getting off topic," she sighs, "we need to find where they went. I can tell they were planning something when they left Imperium together."

"Yeahh," he leans against the wall a few feet away. "And when he was all like 'Beatrix was a tool to get what I wanted', I think I internally cringed." He says the Beatrix part in a very bad impression of Lord Ras.

The woman sighs, putting her head in one of her gloved hands. "Same, but can you not do that again? That accent was awful."

"What do you mean it was awful?" The man cocks his head, grinning smugly, "in fact, it was so good, I was arrested for identity fraud due to how accurate the voices are."

"The charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence." The woman responds blandly.

"AH- EXCUSE YOU." The man puts his hands on his hips sassily. "How dare you deny that I'm great at voice acting?"

"I'm just telling the truth." The woman smirks.

"Anyways, can we go play something now? I'm bored."

"Ugh, fine." The woman rolls her eyes. "But NOT Fortnite. Understood?"

"Fine, ooh, what about karaoke?" The man suggests, his eyes lighting up.

"Actually, that sounds nice...we can get some chips too." She nods, standing up from the counter.

"YESS!!" He grins. "Let's goooo." The two people walk past the wanted poster, their faces almost identical to the ones on the paper. There they were, just two nameless faces. Or maybe, they weren't so nameless after all. What was their motive behind all of this? Who were they? What did they have to do with Imperium and spoiling their plans? How have they gotten away with all of this?

And where are they now?