Chapter 7

I woke up and showered after I got ready and headed down to breakfast, When I saw Emmett and Finnick at the table I grabbed some fruit and took a seat by Finnick just as I poured myself some more juice we heard Cove's door open and she came out for breakfast "alright, tonight is the interviews with Caesar, just be yourselves, and you should be fine" Finnick spoke.

For the rest of the day, we practiced what to say and how to walk " ok that's good but don't look at your feet," Nova said " and don't forget to smile" Cove added, we heard the door open and Nyx joins us " ok ladies, i think she gets it, Nevaeh darling, just be yourself, smile and wave and be honest, you going to be great " Nyx Assured the doors open again and my prep team gets to work.

Nevaeh's outfit for her Interview

Later that night we waited in line with the other tributes, Caesar finished with Chip from District 3 "Next, we have Nevaeh Levan from District 4 " he announced the crowd was cheering and clapping, i walked out on stage "Ooh my, isn't she lovely, ...

Later that night we waited in line with the other tributes, Caesar finished with Chip from District 3 "Next, we have Nevaeh Levan from District 4 " he announced the crowd was cheering and clapping, i walked out on stage "Ooh my, isn't she lovely, right folks ' he beamed as he twirls me around" Ohh Caeaser stop, you look pretty sharp yourself "i added, we took our seats "So tell me Nevaah how's the Capital treating you" he asked as he shoved the microphone in my face I think for a minute " well everyone's been kind, but it's very different back home" I spoke as I smiled to the crowd they all cheered " Home is where the heart is " he chuckled and the crowd erupted into cheers.

"I have to say your dress is stunning, tell me who are you wearing, "he asked I scanned the crowds and I noticed Nyx in the crowd "Ohh you like, it's all Nyx , he is my Fabulous stylist for the games "I spoke and the crowd cheers and Nyx is standing in the crowd he waves and takes a bow " tell me Nevaeh, how's training going for you, do you think 4 has a good chance of winning, " he asked I looked at him.

"I don't want to jinx myself Caeaser, but I do like our Chances," I said and the crowd roared with cheers " I love it, love it, love it, Nevaeh Levan District 4" he spoke as he grabs my hand and he lifted it into the air and The crowd erupts into cheers and I walk off stage and I give one last smile before going off stage where i met with Nova and Cove " you did Wonderfully my dear' Nova assured me. Cove brings me in for a hug.

As I waited backstage I was able to see the last of Emmett's Interview" So tell me Emmett, anyone Special back home in district 4 " Caesar asked, when the Camera pointed back at Emmett he smiles and chuckles "Well Caesar I don't kiss and tell," he smirked  and the crowd chuckled including Caesar " but there is one girl back home that I'm crazy about " He admitted The crowd erupted in oohs and aahs.

"well Emmett if you win this thing, she will have to go out with you, I'm i right " he spoke and looked into the crowd "she's my soulmate, my one true love, so one could only hope, but you know what Caesar, I'm going to try my best to win, if not for myself, then I will try for her " he said and the crowd were loving every moment "I love it, Emmett Voss District 4" and they both took a bow.

Later that night Emmett was in the living room, he was in the same spot "Tomorrow's the day " he spoke I looked out the window and i sat next to him  "Yeah, can I tell you something "I asked he nodded his head "I'm afraid, but I need to win "I said, he grabs my hand "I get it I'm afraid too, but I will protect you, but, if it comes down to just us two, I don't think i" he added I cut him off and I hugged him.

I looked into his eyes "If it comes to that, we will figure it out, let's talk about something else" I asked he nodded in agreement "So who's the girl, you said, she's your one true love" I added he smiled " you saw that huh" he chuckled " yeah who is she, anyone I know "I asked.

He looked at me and smiled "Yeah,  it's you, Nevaeh " he admitted I looked out the window "I have a boyfri–" I went on but he cut me off " I said she was MY soul mate, MY one true love, but I didn't say I was Her's, I know you're with Casey " he added and he looked at me.

"it's fine, I wanted to tell you in person,i wanted to tell you that, I'm still madly in love with you "he gently touched my face "I had to get that off my chest, with no cameras" he kissed my forehead and he got up and want to his room this time I followed him.

"I didn't know you still feel this way" I spoke he motioned for me to come closer "Being with you, was the highlight of my life, when I die in that arena, my life will flash before my eyes, and I get to fall in love with you all over again, " he said, tears were falling down my cheeks " you're not one the that's supposed to be crying Love" he spoke.

I wiped my tears "I still love and care for you "I said he looked at me "But you're not IN love with me, not like you love Casey, and I'm ok with that, that's enough for me, " he grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze "we both should get some sleep " he added I nodded my head and I walked back to my room. 

I woke up with a heavy heart as I talked with Finnick and Cove "Remember, show no fear and do what you must to win, I want you both to know, I'm proud of how far you both have come " he spoke i walked up to him he gave me a big hug " you can do this, I know you can, both of you "Cove said looking at me and Emmett and she gave Emmett a hug too " Finnick, do me a favor, whatever happens to me in that arena, take care of my family, please " I asked him " of course, you know I believe in you, now I need you to start believing in yourself" he said as he kissed my forehead i nodded my head and i gave Cove a hug.

We walked to the plane where the other tributes were seated inside and we all took our seats. Some peacekeepers came in and put in our trackers and we were off to the games. I was led into a room where Nyx was waiting.

I got dressed in a puffy jacket, boots, and a hat "You have a lot of layers so if you want my guess I think it's a snowy terrain " he told me as he brought me In For a hug.

" You're going to be just fine, stay with the careers but as soon as you feel it's not safe trust your gut and get out of there and stay warm, do what you must, I know you can do this" he assured me. He put my hair up, he put my necklace on and he zipped up my jacket

As I took my place on the launch plate I was shaking with fear but I remember who I was fighting for. I made my family a promise and I intend on keeping it. I ready myself and took a deep breath Nyx nodded his head in approval The glass cylinder seals shut and the platform began to rise

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to The 68th Hunger Games"