HOLD THE STAGE

⸻ 𝙃𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙂𝙀,                                           by koidivision

⸻ 𝙃𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙂𝙀,
by koidivision.

⸻ 𝙃𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙂𝙀,                                           by koidivision

synopsis.

SOMMER SILVA HAD REACHED AN UNEXPECTED POINT IN HER CAREER. On the fast track to A-List, following the success of her band's third album, instead of continuing on this path of success, the group and their management mutually agreed to take one year off from their busy lives together. But with a constant need to work herself to the bone, Sommer took on a TV gig, portraying an ex-race car driver and training identically for "realism." Where before the end of taping, she's met with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

BENEDICT FRIIS HAD GROWN DESPERATE. In the fallout of the tumultuous 2018 season, star driver in the making, Max Verstappen, initiated a surprise coup with Toto Wolf, leaving the team in disarray for Mercedes and upgrading the fed-up Daniel Ricciardo to first seat before he could try and flee as well. The team principal was left scrambling to fill the void, his options limited, as the team's reserves were less than stellar, academy alum Carlos Sainz was placed at Ferrari, and the junior feeder drivers at Toro Rosso were not ready for the big leagues. The pressure was on, and the team's future was uncertain.

To make matters worse, the budget was split in half.

After being forced to guest appear in the TV series by Redbull execs and watching the girl race around a fake track in an old model of the RB11, he asks the young star a crazy question, "Have you ever thought about doing this... in a serious capacity?"

Sommer stared at the man for a moment, thinking him to be crazy, but still... thinking about it.

Then, before she knew it, she was in training, and in parallel with the famous scene from the show, she stood on the podium at her maiden home race, bathing in the first-place spotlights beside her new teammate.