one - actual f1 problems

♛   actual f1 problems
or alternatively, "we have no reserves1!1!!"

♛   actual f1 problemsor alternatively, "we have no reserves1!1!!"

✷

𝙈𝙀𝙇𝙄𝙉𝘼 𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙎𝘾𝙊𝙏𝙏 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙊𝘿 𝘼𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙃𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙀𝙎𝙏 𝙎𝙐𝙈𝙈𝙄𝙏, at a time before her dramatic disappearance from the Formula circuit, her brown eyes fixed on the crowd of admirers beyond, cheering on the Red Bull one-two victory. A bright spotlight shone on her, illuminating the moment amid the sweltering heat and flickering camera lights. A moment of triumph and recognition. The culmination of a lifetime of hard work and dedication, that somehow felt vacant. Of her last moments to the public eye.

Aaron Slate, her teammate strikingly similar to Sam Claflin, stood beside her in second, basking envious though still in glory. This would be the last time they'd meet.

Their scandalous relationship had hit its breaking point, along with her racing career. The pressure to remain on the cutthroat Red Bull team was a welcome challenge, but more was needed to keep her there, wasting time playing second no matter how well she did. Unbeknownst to the fans, her contract was done. And she wasn't going to renew, which felt quite relevant. In television fashion, she would change her name, try on a British accent, and become a secret agent. Her life as a racer, her brittle love for Slate, and her famed past would all be reduced to a two-episode backstory for a TV show adaptation of the 'Kingsman' series.

But in that moment, the world champion smiled ear to ear, a veneer of positivity in all she hid.

Aaron had caught her eye, exchanging lovelorn looks, like if he had one more second, he would take it to fix everything. But the girl on the podium was gone. The lover pressed under the thumb of a three-time titlist was free. Melina had prevailed and the navy war was done.

Celebratory champagne was passed to the championship winners, conveniently lined up in order at the Circuit of the Americas — a fake stage and small audience in the middle of an empty Texas cornfield. Melina held her thumb against the bottle opening before she shook it. A vault of champagne shot up into the air, and a storm of confetti began to fall on all below.