twenty one

You flinched as the scalpel grazed your skin, Blood pooled on your hand as you hurriedly followed your friends

You flinched as the scalpel grazed your skin, Blood pooled on your hand as you hurriedly followed your friends. Passing by the armed soldiers, your gaze drifted down to the fresh wound, prompting a furrow of your brow as you swallowed hard.

'Don't heal.' you silently pleaded.

You bit your lower lip and continued to walk ahead, The signs and protocols plastered on the walls came into view as you walked.

SHELTER ADMINISTRATION PROTOCOL

1. CHECK TEMPERATURE

2. CHECK FOR MONSTERIZATION SYMPTOMS

Eun Yu boldly extended her arm toward the nurse, despite her hand being covered in dried blood. The nurse meticulously examined her wound, staying a little while longer to see if it would heal itself. There was a moment of silence before the nurse used an alcohol-soaked tissue to carefully wipe the spot.

You stretched out your arm to the person in front of you. Eun Yu was marked as a 'Human' thankfully. There were no signs of her having symptoms. She looked at you and you looked at her back as she gave you a nod. 

Revealing her mark to the soldier, Eun Yu gained access to the other side of the camp, disappearing from your sight. You felt a cold feeling on your hand but your eyes still focused on Eun Yu's retreating figure. A frustrated huff escaped your lips.

"No. There must've been a mistake. Hey!" A man desperately begged the soldiers after his wound healed right in front of the nurse while cleaning his wound. His protests grew louder, tinged with frustration and fear.

"Hey, I'm telling you, I'm not sick! It's a mistake, Okay? Let go of me, man!"

Your eyes followed the man. What if they also take you out? They'll kill you or maybe they'll throw you into the experiment lab. The experiment lab, huh? Hyun-Su must be in there. What if-

"Hey, ma'am." You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at the person in front of you. You raised a brow.

"Your hands are cold. How long have you been outside?" He asked.