Bhargavi's marriage?

"Pranam Maa(mother), pranam Appa(father)" The three princesses joins their palms and bows to their parents.

As they entered, all they saw was the grinning faces of their parents sitting on the bed.

"Maa, appa, what is it?" Trishikha asked not able to hold her curiosity.

"We have some news for you three especially Bhargavi and so we summoned you here." The Queen said grinning towards Bhargavi who just listened patiently. 

"We have received a marriage proposal for Bhargavi!" The impatient King blurted out of happiness leaving all the three princess in shock.

"But Appa, Akka(older sister) is not ready for this right now." Aaishvy suggested looking worriedly at Bhargavi.

"Yes, she is yet to become the Queen. Right?" Trishikha asks.

"Queen?" Kaal sighs and looks at Anantaa and then back to his daughters.

"Children, the ruler of a place must be a man. Whoever will marry your Akka, will be the ruler and she will be the queen thats it." The king explained his best.

"Why Appa? This is unfa.." As Aaishvy was about to rebel, Bhargavi grips her hand and signals her to stop.

"Appa, I have always listened to you and will always, but please this time forgive me, I am not ready for this marriage I don't know if I am eligible for a ruling Queen but as a princess, I have a lot to do for my people." Bhargavi as composed as she is always, pleaded folding her palms.

"Bhargavi you are old enough for a marriage now! This kingdom needs a new king. I am old and soon will be too old to rule this Great kingdom! YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!" The king gets up furiously and barges out of the room.

Bhargavi gets up not able to digest anything  looks at her mother.

"Oh Bhargavi, come sit here." Anantaa says grabbing Bhargavi's hands and making her sit beside her while the others were just looking at them sitting on either sides of the bed.

"Bhargavi, we were in our middle age when we had you, your father is extremely worried about his kingdom, he is getting older and so am I, this kingdom needs a young ruler that can protect it from any kind of dangers. Your father is also getting ill frequently. I know you are the best for the kingdom but we need to prioritize the choice of the subjects, that is, a man as a ruler, please Bhargavi can you please do it for us?" Anantaa looks at Bhargavi with faithful eyes which Bhargavi couldn't ignore.

She couldn't think of anything so she just nodded and left while the other sisters too followed her.

*****************************************

The trumpets blew loudly, as the handsome prince of Aneegarh entered in his chariot.

Time for the character sketch!

Prince Vasav (You are free to imagine anyone as Vasav)

A prince of Aneegarh, loves nothing but wealth, an arrogant and selfish brute. 

You can imagine anyone as the other characters.

Back to story.

The people of Sikanha shower flowers as his chariot stops infront of the castle.

"Pranam Great King Kaal, Queen Anantaa!" Vasav joins his palm as he steps out of his chariot.

"Pranam Prince Vasav" Kaal and Anantaa replies with a smile.

As The Queen and King also comes out from their chariot and folds palms to greet,  Kaal  and Anantaa happily returns their greetings in the same way.

"Please step inside our Castle." The king requests and the three follows him inside with around 100 maidens following them with Gifts in their hands.

"What brings you here Maharaj(king)?" Kaal questions The Aneegarh king, Shilaji with a smile.

"Vasav wanted to meet your daughter Bhargavi before any marriage ceremony Maharaj." Shilaji politely answers.

"But..But we didn't think about the marriage as yet." Kaal answers looking hesitant while Anantaa seemed worried.

"Don't worry Maharaj! I am sure she will consider this marriage when I'll talk to her." Vasav replies with an obvious fake smile.

"Sure, if you please." Kaal agrees and asks a maiden to inform the princess about this.

*************************************

"Princess may I enter?" 

"Yes, what is it?" Trishikha asks sitting beside Bhargavi and Aaishvy in her room.

"Prince Vasav wishes to see princess Bhargavi."

"What!?" The three princesses blurts out at the same time widening their eyes.

_________________________________________________