03. great. it's you.

NEIGHBORS !╰┈➤ 03

NEIGHBORS !
╰┈➤ 03. great. it's you.
irl

"Great

"Great. It's you."

Elena turned her face in disgust, "can't drink water anymore?"

"Wow. Water? For once?"

"I'm not addicted to stupid brown sugary carbonated drinks like you."

"You should be. Maybe it'll make you interesting for once," Chris mumbled under his breath.

"Yeah? Speak up if you have something to say. Need a mic?" She turned around to sass him after grabbing a glass.

He turned his whole body to face her, leaning the top half of his body closer to Elena to emphasize his words, "maybe. It'll make you. Interesting. For. Once," he seethed out every word.

She rolled her eyes, "lways talking shit."

"Why are you even out here?"

"I can't fuckin' be thirsty around here?" She gulps down the whole glass.

Chris cringes at the sound, "if they make that noise when they swallow water, then no. They can't be. 'Cause that's fucking gross."

"What are you doing down here anyway?" Elena walked across the floor to head to the sink.

"Nick's snoring is keeping me up. So I went down and wanted to watch Criminal Minds. Also, maybe because, I don't know, I fucking live here?" he leaned his lower back against the counter, shrugging his shoulders.

"'Kay."

"That's all? I sass you and that's all you have?"

"You just talk to have the last word. So. There you go. Last word," she turns on her heel after placing the cup in the sink before tiptoeing back to Matt's room, "night, Owen."

"Wait," his voice stopped her in her tracks, "did you wanna watch an episode?"

"With you?"

"Mhm."

"I'm good for tonight. I just needed water, couldn't sleep. But thank you for trying to be nice for once. What's with the change of heart?"

"Seems like you're staying in our friend group for an eternity. Been a year and I still can't get rid of you. And especially now since you're shacking up with my brother."

Elena's face turns in disgust again, "excuse me? What?"

"Dude. Everyone can see you're in love with Matt. Kinda gross," he set the empty Pepsi can on the space beside him.

"First of all, no. Matthew is literally my friend, there's two pillows between us right now. And second of all, I was thinking of setting him up with someone. You don't know this because we aren't friends, but all men are scary. That's why me and Nick get along so well. We're afraid of men. So no," she said this all in one breath, not hesitating to shut down whatever Chris was thinking.

Elena herself wasn't so sure she why felt so defensive, she wouldn't mind having any other stranger assume that she was dating Matt. She just assured herself it's because it was his own brother she was talking to.

"Oh. You just look at him like you're like, in love with him, or something."

"Been staring at me, huh Christopher?"

"Go to bed, I take it back. This never happened," he sighed and headed back upstairs to where Nick was asleep, "night Elena."

Elena wouldn't say anything to anyone, but it was one of the first times that Chris used her actual name. Made her feel something she was unfamiliar with.

She tucked herself back in to Matt's bed, who was now snuggling with one of his stuffed animals between his arms.

"Where'd you even go?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Got water. Chris was out there."

"Huh. Surprised I didn't wake up to a screaming match."

"He was nicer for once."

"Nicer?" Matt opened up one eye, hopeful that they were becoming friends.

"Just one mean sentence. That's it."

"Damnit. I had hope for once," Matt ended up closing his eye and snuggled further into his pillow, "go to sleep. Nick said he has a surprise for tomorrow. Night, Elena."

"Matt?"

"Yes?"

"Can you hug me?"

"We are to never speak of this. Because I was gonna ask for you to cuddle too because I forgot how scary that movie was. Come here," he put his stuffed animal between them and a pillow on top of Elena's body to avoid from making her uncomfortable from his touch, and put his arms over where the pillow covered.

"Thanks, Bernie. Night night."

"I'll kick you out, Elena."

⋅⊰˗ˏˋ ˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ˎˊ˗⊱⋅.
EDITED :D

📁 l1velaughluke:

super short but yieeeeee i love it so far!!! i hope u guys love it too:,)