summary

Cecilia Fiore resides in District 4, where her deepest fear has always been the ominous prospect of being chosen as a tribute. Since the tender age of 12, the looming threat of potencially having to enter the brutal arena haunted her every waking moment. Fortunately, luck seemed to favor her, sparing her from the harrowing fate of the Hunger Games in the preceding years. 

 It was her final reaping day, and Cecilia was ready to be released from the torture of her name being in the reaping glass, but a stark turn of events shattered her hopes. The disconcerting announcement echoed through the speakers, revealing her as the chosen tribute. Shock and disbelief gripped Cecilia, marking the beginning of a journey she had desperately sought to avoid. 

Soon to be thrust into a perilous arena, Cecilia faces a moral dilemma. A girl who abhors the idea of causing harm to other, she grapples with the reality of having to fight for her life. The arena, a stage for survival, demands a level of brutality she never thought she'd have to confront. 

To further complicate matters, her mentor is none other than Finnick Odair, the youngest victor in the history of the Hunger Games. He grows fond of the girl and a love story evelopes between them. The question looms: Can Finnick ignite the fire within Cecilia, compelling her to fight, or will she succumb to her aversion for the system and her protest against it, be her death in the arena?