* First date *

16 June, for over 2 weeks all I have done is work, eat and I would say sleep but I had developed a small case of insomnia. The only person I had spoken to was Harvey even that consisted of short conversations such as 'hey', 'want food', 'I'm going out'. The last one only Harvey said, my social life may as well hang itself. The only reason that I left the house that week was for work everyday for a fortnight and Monday 4 days ago to get my nails and wax done.

My phone rang " hello are you okay?" The shock of getting a phone call off of ruby made me panic since we never called so I figured he was going to deliver bad news.

"Yeah I'm good baby. Listen i have 2 tickets to a punk gig at a bar. Do you wanna go?" He was speaking fast which was unusual for him it was almost like he was nervous. Was this a date? Did he want to be more than friends? Could this lead to something else?

"Well I have work but i get off at 4 so it should be good, right?"

"Yeah i'll come and pick you up at 7 cos the band will be on at 9 but we need to get there early..." he trailed off and shut himself up. We said bye and hung up because i had to get ready for work.

I put on my pink work dress and threw on my black high top  converse. I grabbed my headphones and keys then ran out the door. It was 9 am so rush hour had past however there were still many cars wizzing around.

- - -

To prevent being late for ruby, I ran into the shower and washed my body but not my hair because i washed it yesterday and i knew it would get sweaty and hot from my previous experience. I did my makeup - eye liner, lashes, foundation, concealer, contour and probably to much blush and highlight - then put on a outfit which took me too long to pick out. It was a tight black mini skirt that just covered my ass and a misfits top that also fit tight. I put on my black beaded necklace and my spider web tights.

By the time i had gotten ready and pulled out my platform dc martins it was 6:50 meaning ruby wasn't far away making  my nerves rise so i went to the kitchen  and took a lager swig of gin. The door bell rang as i was walking to my room to grab my phone.

When I opened the door ruby's eyes Widened making it hard for him to hide the fact he like what he saw. "Ready?"

"Erm yeah" i checked inside my bag "wait keys"

He pointed to the kitchen side " there Ems"

"Thank you" i said as i, i one swift move, turned and grabbed then and headed out the door.

The drive to the bar was mostly quiet besides catching up with each other.  When the silence rose he turned his music up and began to tap the steering wheel to the beat of the song as if was a drum. Sub-consciously, i drifted off into a day dream. I rested my head on my hand and watched the world pass from out the window, i saw him glance over at me many times but chose to not say anything unless he did which he didn't until we got out the car.

Ruby, as we walked to the bar, was next to me but ever so slightly behind as if he was my body guard willing to fight for me. His dominance most have not just been in my head because when i normally wore a sluttier outfit guys would come up to me, talk to me, touch me.

We got in and went straight to the bar where he got a beer for himself and a Bacardi and coke for me. We only just made it to catch the support band which kind of pissed Oddy off but he soon shook it off when we got our place on the 'dance floor'/ pit area and the excitement of seeming a live band rushed through us both.

The crowd was quick to build up. I knew how uncomfortable Oddy could get so i stay as close to him as i could however some big muscly guy pushed into me dragging me with him, Oddy grabbed my hips and pulled me into him, his big hands spread and clutched me for almost the whole gig.