*Escape from babylon*

The painful sound of my alarm ringing in my ear woke me, it was 9 am. I brain was groggy from all the weed i smoked the night before. I climbed out of bed, my eyes still sleep ridden and hair a knotty mess.

I stepped into the shower and turned the water on. The shock of the freezing cold water made me squirm but it woke me up almost instantly. I washed my hair, when doing so I noticed the growth of hair on my legs which led to me solely concentrating on the gap between my acrylic and natural nail. Then as i washed my hair the brown hair on the top of my head stuck out making it look like Moses parting the fucking sea.

I needed to book some appointments for my beauty treatments before i did so, i needed to think of what i was going to get done. Did i want short nails or long, light or dark?. Should i box die my hair or go to a salon? All questions that had to be answered however not right now, right now i need to get dressed for my 4 hour shift.

I grabbed my bag and keys of the side and locked the door behind me. I connected my headphones and pressed play on a playlist of mine. The songs consisted of everything from black metal to Hozier. It was i nice sunny day, but then again when isn't it.

I swung the door open and walked into the cafe, i hoped that if I offered to buy the manager lunch, he wouldn't mind that is was running 10 minutes late. My bribery worked as he took the offer, announcing to me and the whole kitchen staff that i was going to to buy him chick-fill-a even though its a 10 minute walk there (I'm sure he did this on purpose).

The day flew by. At 12:04 i got a tap on my shoulder, it was the manager demanding what he wanted from chick-fill-a. I took a mental note of what he said then walked out. Once i got there the food didn't take long to come out in its bags. One of the employees passed the bag over to me, and so began the treacherous walk through florida streets in the middle of summer.

After returning from my walk to get food, i put the bags behind the counter and took out my food. I went and sat down on one of the booths by the window in the back so no one would come and talk to me. I pulled out my phone to check missed messages and scroll on social media.

Upon checking the texts which were left on my phone i saw one that read: I'm picking you up from work and taking you to the studio. What time you finish? ~Harvey

I texted back: 2pm. Is everything okay?

I stayed there until my food was finished and my break was over. Then it was back to work, taking food to ungrateful people to be most likely told off for somethng which is out of my control such as the music's too loud or the AC's too strong or my personal favourite the food it too cold and I just don't like it.

- - -

2 pm soon rolled around, i took my things off my hook at the back and walked out to the car park were i saw Harvey's shitty black car waiting for me. I walked over and slid into the passenger seat.

"Dude i feel like I haven't spoken to you in days" Harvey said as he brought my in for a warm embrace.

"Yeah, i know...well we haven't really have we" i hugged him back

"Holy fuck have i got some stuff to tell you" he said excitedly "but firstly, where did you go the other night..i heard you in the house then you left."

"Well i knew you had your girl over so i just decided that I would stay at Ava's the night so you had your privacy." I lied. I couldn't have him thinking i was with a guy because I knew myself and I know that if i tell a little part of the story, i end up saying the whole thing.

"That's what i wanted to talk to you about...that night with her was so fucking good Emma. We went out for food and she was running her foot up my leg, then on the drive home i had my hand on her...leg... and she was...breathing heavily"