Nightmare

A/N- kinda a long one 👻

-JAKES POV-

I wasn't able to sleep very well. I was tossing and turning all night not able to find a comfortable spot to sleep. It was probably 4 something in the morning. Eyes wide open and my mind racing. All of a sudden I hear Johnnie's door open and close. I wonder why he's up. I sit up on my bed and look under the crack of my door and see Johnnie's shadow walk down the hallway. The walls are very thin so I could hear him turning on the faucet, probably getting a glass of water. Should I go check on him, I think to myself, yes I should. I got up and began to walk towards the kitchen when sure enough Johnnie was drinking a glass of water, leaning his back on the counter. I noticed he was shirtless and had to stop myself from staring at his chest. I'm not gay... why am I like this that's your fucking best friend I thought to myself. I walked closer to him. He didn't seem to notice me "Johnnie?" I whispered. "You ok" Johnnie just stared into space for a moment, then looked at me with wide blue eyes.
"Jake? What are you doing up?" He said as he took one last drink of his water and poured it out, setting the glass down on the counter.
"I heard you leave your room so I wanted to make sure you were ok" I say to him as I put my hand on his shoulder. Johnnie looks at my hand, the one I'm holding his shoulder with then back at me
"Yea I'm fine don't worry bout it man" Johnnie says.
"You sure?" I don't wanna pry but I'll give him a chance to tell me if he wants to. I took my hand off of him.

-JOHNNIES POV-

"I heard you leave your room so I wanted to make sure you were ok" he said this as he put his hand on my shoulder. I don't know why but his touch was comforting and I had to hold back a smile. "Yea I'm fine don't worry bout it man" I say. I don't want to tell him I had a nightmare. That would be embarrassing. He would think I'm weak and childish.
"You sure?" Jake asks again. I look down at my feet and Jake takes his hand off me. I didn't want him to let me go. I want him to hold me and his touch to never leave my body.
What the fuck. What am I thinking. I'm not gay. I'm not fucking gay. Jake's my best friend and that's all he is to me. I rubbed my face
"Jake I had- I had a fucking nightmare ok!" I say in an overly stern voice. I look up at Jake's face and I seen him step back.
"I didn't mean to be mean.. I'm sorry" I say in a low voice. "I don't want you to think im pathetic" I frown and I look back down at my feet.
"Johnnie..." Jake says comfortingly. I look back up at him my face red with embarrassment.
"Jake I-" before I could finish my sentence Jake pulls me in for a hug. He squeezes me tightly around my chest.
"You're not pathetic Johnnie... I'd never think of you like that. It's just a nightmare" Jake says, his voice warm. I put my arms around him and hope this hug lasts forever. He pulls away and looks into my eyes.
"Are you gonna be ok?" He asks
"Yea..." I reply. It was nice seeing this side of Jake. He's usually playful and over the top which I love but this side is so sweet. I'm grateful to have a friend like him. I smile at and he smiled back.

-JAKES POV-

Im glad I may have been able to help Johnnie. I hate to see him upset. I just don't understand how he could think I would ever think he's pathetic. Johnnie is one of the best people I know and he's my best friend. He smiled at me. I smiled back. His smile is so beautiful. Wait I'm not gay. It's normal to compliment your friends. Yea that's all it was. A compliment.
"Goodnight jake." Johnnie says and walks back to his room.
"Goodnight Johnnie" I reciprocate and I go back to bed.

734 words 🎃