intro:

~ Remember you must die.

They were the best of friends practically since birth.

During adolescence, their friendship morphed into childhood romance. They were inseparable for years, until one day, tragedy struck and his life of sin following became too much burden for her family to bear any longer, leading her to make a difficult decision that tore their lifelong bond apart.

Now, a decade later, she's a young woman who's recently escaped the abusive hands of her ex boyfriend and fled to Los Angeles seeking sanctuary at her sister's house, whereas he's the same sinful, alluring bad boy with panty-dropping looks, who not only happens to remain best friends with her sister's boyfriend, but has also already been residing there, unbeknownst to her.

With his identity shrouded, he ensures she's kept in the dark, concealing their long history with a veil laced by lies and manipulation.

Though the two of them sharing the same space is tumultuous for awhile, the lines between past and present eventually begin to blur, suppressed secrets resurface and the full story starts to unfold; it won't be long before she uncovers who he truly is.

friends to enemies to lovers, forced proximity, very slow burn