Santa Gets Arrested?!

I am out on a walk when I see Scott with a sad expression. I quickly run over to him asking if he's alright. He informs me of what has been happening with Charlie and how Laura was granted full custody. I give him a side hug and softly pat him on the back as we walk. I look up to see that we have made it to Laura and Neal's house. Scott watches the three have dinner with a solemn look. It's obvious that Charlie is just as upset as his father.

Scott works up the nerve to ring the doorbell and I follow him. Neal opens the door and Scott quickly lets himself in.

"Scott? You're not supposed to be here."

Scott closes the door behind me and turns to Neal, "Don't make me beat you up, Neal."

"Oh, would Santa really beat someone up?" Neal retorts.

"I'm this close," Scott makes a pinching motion.

"So you still believe you're Santa?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Charlie questions. "Of course you are, Dad. How can you say that? Think of all those kids."

"The only kid I'm thinking about is you," Scott answers.

"Dad, I'm fine. You can't let them down. They all believe in you."

"Charlie listen," Neal walks over to Charlie and Laura.

"You listen! You think you know who he is. You don't!"

Laura bends down to him, "Charlie. Honey, listen. You're confused."

"I know exactly who he is," Charlie claims.

Neal leans down, "Charlie! He's not Santa."

"He is, too, Santa. We went to the North Pole together. I saw it. The elves are real old even though they look like me. Bernard called me sport, 'cause he knew everything. Right, Dad? Remember!" He tosses the snow globe at Scott.

Scott swiftly catches it and looks into it and I peer over to look, too. The snow globe comes to life causing my eyes to widen. Scott smiles and looks at Charlie. He smiles back and runs over to his father, giving him a tight hug. "Thank you, Charlie. Thank you."

"I love you, Dad," Charlie whispers.

They pull out of the hug and Scott turns to the couple, "Could you guys leave us alone for a minute? I mean, so I can say goodbye to him properly?"

Laura agrees causing Neal to storm off in annoyance. She looks upset for a moment before following him. Immediately after, Charlie turns to us.

"So! You saw the ball come to life."

"You bet I did," Scott responds while I nod with a smile. "Well, Charlie, I guess we better go."

"I'll get my stuff," Charlie goes to run, but Scott stops him.

"I think it's a much better idea if you stayed here with your mom."

"I want to be with you, Dad."

Scott chuckles, "Boy, I love hearing you say that."

"You mean I can go?"

Scott goes to respond but is interrupted by a familiar voice. "Boy, this bird is dry. Haven't you people heard about basting?"

The three of us turn to him with wide eyes. "Bernard!" Charlie cheers.

Bernard grabs his coat and walks up to him, "Hiya, sport."

"Bernard, can I go? Please, can I go, Bernard?" Charlie pleads.

"It's okay with me."

~~~