❄️

"Y/n, could I get your help over here please?" an elf spoke out as they struggled with the roofing on a gingerbread house.

"Can I get some help here too?" Another elf asked in distress.

"Of course," she exclaimed looking around, "I'll be right there," Y/n said as she tightened her apron.

The countdown for Christmas had already started and the kitchen's team was way behind schedule. Not only did they have to provide all the sweets for the North Pole but food as well, along with goodie packages that were supposed to be sent all around the world. On top of that, they were the suppliers to all the cafés around the North Pole. This was the first year that Y/n was in charge of the kitchen and her staff, and never before were they this far behind on deliveries.

"Y/n," she heard Curtis call out to her from the kitchen causing everyone to stare at her, "Santa wants to see you in his office...now."

Walking down the intricate hallways, Y/n made her way to Santa's office with a sense of worry in the pit of her stomach. 'He's disappointed in me,' Y/n thought to herself. 'Santa knew I wasn't prepared for such a big task!' Y/n walked through the halls with a tray of hot cocoa, she hoped that it would help her situation. Y/n slowly knocked on the door to Santa's office with the feeling of nerves coursing through her soul.

"Come on in," she heard the kind voice call out to her, with a gentle push she opened the door to reveal Santa checking his list. "Hello Y/n," he said with rosy cheeks as he set aside his list, "whatcha got there?" he asked in a jokingly voice.

"Hot cocoa," Y/n said sheepishly as she set the tray on his desk. Before Scott could say anything Y/n spoke what was in her heart hoping that it would make things right.

"Santa, I'm so sorry we're behind its all my fault," she confessed. "This is my first year as head baker but please give me another chance I know I can do it-"

"Slow down there," Scott said as he stopped Y/n down mid-sentence, "no one is getting fired, all I wanted was to give you something," he said as he looked around his messy desk.

"What are you looking for sir?" Y/n felt the need to ask.

"An agenda," Santa said as he opened up drawers and looked through bookshelves.
"That way you have a better knowledge of what needs to be done," Scott said with a soft smile. "Check with Bernard," he announced as he continued to look around, "he'll have it for you."

"Yes sir," Y/n said as she saw Santa's head elf signing some papers in the back of his office. She had never actually talked to him before but she knew he had the reputation of being controlling, but who was she to judge? Y/n wanted to make her own opinion about him.

She slowly made her way to his desk trying her best not to get on his bad side. To her surprise he was very cute, he had curly hair that hid underneath a deep green hat and a long burgundy shirt with golden trimming. He didn't look like the other elves, everyone she had ever met was jolly and kind but for some reason, he looked cold and harsh. Bernard's face was stern as he focused on his work, he slouched at his desk with his fingers tracing along his list.

"Hi," Y/n said in a kind voice, "I'm here to pick up an-"

"Agenda?" he said finishing her sentence while still reading his paper. "Judy was making it, it should be ready by now," he said checking his watch. Bernard got up with a sigh as if he was already annoyed with Y/n's request, "Come on let's go get it." he said as he got up with a huff and led the way.

Y/n followed him in silence. She couldn't see why people disliked him so much he was a big help to Santa and made sure everything was in order. That seemed like a lot of pressure, if she had trouble running a kitchen she could only imagine an entire workshop. Y/n didn't understand how anyone hated Bernard- that was until he opened his mouth.