❄️❄️❄️

Y/n wasn't sure how to feel about this whole situation. She disliked Bernard, but it was kind of him to help. However, if two words didn't belong together they were; 'Bernard' and 'kind.'

She made her way to her station in the kitchen to see that it was being occupied by the one elf she had hated most in the North Pole. Bernard glanced up at her as he continued with his work, "Hey, how ya doing?" he asked nonchalantly, getting underneath her skin.

"What do you think you're doing?" Y/interrogate as looking at the curly-haired elf.

"You're job," Bernard shot back with a smirk. He couldn't help it he just loved being a menace, he liked to see Y/n get furious, he thought she looked cute.

"I didn't ask you to be here," Y/n declared, wanting nothing more to do with him.

"Well, like it or not I'm stuck here," Bernard said finally looking up at her, "Santa's orders."

Y/n felt a little embarrassed that Santa saw she needed a little extra help, more so she was embarrassed that it had to be Bernard. Looking around to see a couple of faces that weren't bakers, Y/n accepted help and worked alongside the grumpy elf.

"Hey Curtis," Judy called waving him down from the hallway, "there's something I gotta ask you."

"Sure," the young elf said as he made his way to the long-haired elf, "is something wrong?" he asked putting his clipboard away.

"I was wondering if Bernard had said anything about Y/n?" she whispered with a smile. "I think Y/n secretly likes him!"

"You can't say a word!" Curtis said getting as excited as she was, "he's been acting weird lately, more than normal," Curtis recollected. "For instance the other day I mentioned Y/n's name, and he smiled!"

"Whoa," Judy giggled, "that's a big step for Bernard.

"I know right?!" Curtis laughed. "Now that you mention it, Santa sent him to the kitchen as a helper and he was glad to go, I'm heading over there now-"

"I'll come along too!" Judy said linking her arm to Curtis's and skipping away, "Maybe we can get them together."

"It's worth a try," Curtis agreed, and with that, they both made their way to the kitchen hoping to be matchmakers.

❄️

"Whatcha writing down?" Bernard asked as he continued to knead the tough dough.

Y/n stood next to him annoyed, leading over she scribbled in her new agenda. "Orders and plans," she sighed not wanting to talk to him.

Bernard peeked over making Y/n close the book purposely. "What about you?" he asked not looking up at her, "you got plans?"

"What?" Y/n asked confused as she looked down at him.

"Y'know plans, activities-" his ears burned up to ask the question, "dates?"

"Dates?" Y/n asked giving him her full attention, "that's none of your business," she stated. For some odd reason, her heart began to race a little.

Bernard wanted to say something sharp. He had it on the tip of his tongue to make a rude comment like he usually did but instead kept quiet. "Y'know I saw in your book your back ordered on ingredients," he said slightly looking at Y/n.

"What about it?" Y/n asked defending herself from the grumpy elf. "I'll get it done-"

"I'm just saying send me a list of what you need and I'll place orders for you," he offered.

"Are you sure?" Y/n asked confused. It wasn't the head elf's job to place inventory orders. Bernard was going out of his way to help her.

"Sure," Bernard huffed taking a break from kneading the gingerbread dough, "this is some hard work," he said appreciating his work.