❄️❄️

By the end of the day, Y/n was on top of the game, she had her agenda filled out and gave everyone tasks that had to be done by the end of the day. She was cutting it close but if everyone helped then orders and deliveries could get done. The agenda was working like a charm, as for Bernard, he had never been more absentminded and forgetful. He had been like this ever since he started having feelings toward Y/n that he kept trying to brush away. The day was finally over leaving Y/n a little time to find Bernard to talk to him.

"What's up with you?" Curtis asked as he saw his bossy companion completely distraught. "You're acting weird," the 900-year-old elf said as he studied his friend.

"I'm fine," Bernard stated as he finished up his paperwork, "don't you have somewhere you need to be?" he asked annoyed as he finished up a day's work.

But before he could even answer there was a knock at the office door. "I'll get it," Curtis announced as he made his way to the front door. Bernard was more than happy to be left alone in his misery, that was until he heard Y/n's voice.

"I'm looking for Santa's head elf, is he here?" Y/n asked at the door. Bernard's eyes widened at the thought of Y/n, she wanted to see him, to talk to him, but why?

Curtis looked back to see Bernard motioning a 'no' statement. "He's just in the back," Curtis announced as he looked back at a furious Bernard, "he'll be with you in a minute, Oh Bernard!" Curtis sang out in a low tone so that Y/n couldn't hear him, "Your girlfriend's here to see you!" He wanted nothing more than to kill Curtis, but at the same time, he was secretly happy to see her. Bernard made his way to the door covering his happiness with his usual grumpy face.

"Hi," Y/n said in a soft voice, Bernard couldn't help but look at her, he thought she was pretty. With him being so busy as head elf and her working as the top baker it was no wonder that they never spoke to each other. They didn't exactly run around in the same circles. Bernard snapped out of his thoughts and tried his best to focus on what Y/n had to say. "I just wanted to apologize about before, I was being rude and I'm sorry," Y/n announced, it was as if she prepared that little speech in her mind over and over again.

Bernard was hooked, he wanted nothing more than to be with Y/n. He had never felt that way ever before and that's why he knew it had to end here. He was Santa's head elf for a reason; because he had no distractions. Nothing ever bothered Brendard and the only way for that to work was if he didn't care.

"You want me to apologize as well?" Bernard asked with an icy exterior.

"Well, no- not if you don't want to," Y/n said honestly as she placed her hands behind her back.

"Because I wasn't going to," Bernard said while leaning against the door.

"Good to know," Y/n declared regretting even apologizing to him, how could someone be so miserable?

"So is that all?" Bernard asked brushing her off.

"Yes," Y/n said annoyed.

"Good," He huffed wanting to close the door.

"Fine!" Y/n spoke out raising her voice.

"Fine!" Bernard shot back. And with that, he slammed the door leaving Y/n to feel horrible.

Bernard stared at the door feeling guilty that he had pushed Y/n away, he was feeling beyond confused. He turned his face to see Curtis who witnessed the whole thing.

"You like her?!" Curtis declared as he read Bernard's face, "A lot by the looks of it!"

"I do not!" Bernard defended himself as he grabbed his coat annoyed.