SHAWN JANSEN [ F&J ] BACKSTORY

shawn was abandoned quite early. he was a weird kid from the start though. his mother had him in an accident during a college party at the early age of 19. she wanted to abort him at first, but his father was stubborn to convince her otherwise. and that would be the worst mistake known to mankind.

shawn was an empty hearted kid. he rarely talked to other people and was stuck in his own little world. he needed everything perfectly done. his first word was " perfect " at the age of 8 months old. his mother was studying for her upcoming test when she caught her child say the word too clearly for anyone to mistaken.

" perfect "

since then, he wasn't really an enjoyable figure in the household.

his parents never got married, just took turns in taking care of the child that honestly both of them didn't want at all.

shawn would often spend his time sitting by the windowsill, drawing sceneries and observing the vast worlds. it wasn't like the kids from the park would enjoy his presence anyways. it was better off this way. the life where he was separated from the world and alone in his little space. so he could succeed solely for himself. without someone's support, help, or encouragement. he didn't need his parents. he didn't need friends. he only needed himself to be forever trapped in his mind.

" hey wanna play tag? " a kid once walked up to him with messy clothes and a dirty smudged face. shawn only gave him a scoff and a disgusted look before saying, " wash up first. "

then gradually, the parents of the kids grew to dislike his bratty and arrogant attitude, causing them to tell their kids to avoid him. maybe it was a good idea in fact if you consider how he ended up in present times.

" shawn, why aren't you going to play with the other kids? " his mother sighed in stress as shawn walked inside the house, returning from the park.

" people don't like me. if i'm here, they don't see me, " he just answered blankly before walking up to his room. perhaps it was too much for a 5 year old to comprehend.

the funeral of shawn's father was rather devastating for most people, yet it was just a momentary surprise for shawn and his mother. after all, the two didn't really like the guy. especially not his mother.

" good night, lucas, " she whispered emptily.

" mother, where are we going? " shawn asked the woman as she buttoned up his jacket and patted the hat on his head before grabbing his hand firmly. " a place. a safe place. where you can be loved and cherished. " that was all she said for the entire walk. until she waved at the boy and walked off from the horizon and into the moonlight.

shawn leaned into the orphanage owner's arms, ignoring how much she smiled and whispered about the lovely boy he was.

no matter who's embrace he was in, he was never going to fit in. he didn't belong anywhere. he was tired. and no one's embrace was warm enough to help him fall asleep.

shawn never fitted in anywhere, i already told you that. and just like always, he was known as the strange kid of the orphanage. he was just a weirdo that nobody wanted to talk to. while the other kids were laughing with paper swords and crayons, he was there with his little notebook.