ALEXEI MIKHAYLOV [ HXV ]

His pupils flickered in various lights under the disco ball. The overwhelming sensation across his heart. The feeling was just like that day. The two situations are far too different yet carry the same emotions in his heart. Except this time, instead of his father's skull being smashed to pieces and his mother's heart being stabbed out, it was Fyodor holding a soda can and a girl rubbing his arm rather seductively. It was just like that day. It was far less scary, but the pressure was suffocating him.

Alexei Mikhaylov was the son of two mermaids who were deeply in love. Mermaids weren't like those stories. Who said they needed to get rid of their voices just to walk? They could transform into human and mermaid if desired to. That was how his parents first met.

His mother was a curious mermaid who fell in love with a human hunter that lived by the shore. She always appeared in her lovely dress to go talk to him. She was head-over-heels for him. The human hunter was no one other than a charming and handsome guy that got a kick out of murdering sea creatures, including mermaids. So when the woman revealed her identity to him, he almost killed her. That was when Alexei's father appeared to stop his spear. That was the first time that his parents met. After the escape, the two found love and decided to live together. Get married, start a family, and have the loveliest child of all eternity. And that was Alexei.

Alexei was born with a pure heart and cute looks. He was considered one of the most beautiful children within the mermaids. Whoever looked at his smile would be blessed enough to cure a terminal disease. He was known as the sweetest fear amongst them all. Alexei was just the perfect child, they all said.

And this little perfection slowly grew to be a cute 8 year old. He always sat on the rocks by the shore, admiring everyone who came near, though he ended up hiding in fear. He only stared at the group of friends hanging out near the beaches and chatting happily. Alexei stared at his tail. Then he stepped out of the waters. The warm sunlight felt different as it hit his dry skin. His steps were unstable, but it was comforting to enjoy the sandy beach by himself.

He felt clothes touching his back as he noticed it was a cape. Well, he didn't know what it was technically; he never wore proper clothes. He just stared at the cape and wrapped it around his body, realizing it was far more cold outside the waters. He looked around to face another boy that seemed about his age, but with white hair, some kind of layered fancy outfits, and an old looking book.

The other boy continued to speak in a language that he didn't understand, annoyedly flipping through the pages of the book he was carrying.

Alexei didn't respond. He didn't even know what this boy was saying. He just tilted his head and hummed, gripping the cape.

The boy sent him a glance before sighing as if he realized something. He mumbled something under his breath, a simple flick of a wrist. Alexei felt as if his hearing cleared up. He looked up to meet the boy's eyes.

" fyodor antonov, an almost witch," he cleared his throat, holding up his head in pride.

Alexei's eyes widened as his jaw dropped a bit. He could now understand all of what this boy or Fyodor was saying.

" simple language manipulation spell. everyone knows that. " fyodor flashed a cocky and playful grin, turning back to his book.

Alexei pursed his lips for a moment then stood up, still holding onto the cape. " alexei, " he said, pointing at himself. His voice was soft and quiet, but it was firm for Fyodor to understand what he was trying to point out.

" alexei huh? i like it. let's be friends. "

Fyodor grabbed his hand like that and the two started their friendship.