Chapter 1 - Opening

✧ KARA ✧

November 5th - 8:53 AM, 2038

    Kara grabbed the handle of her suitcase next to her. Todd's car pulled up sideways in front of her. She took one last look at the college that she had grown to love over the past year. She'll definitely miss being so far away from Todd.

Kara must have taken too long because Todd started repeatedly honking the horn at her. Kara rolled her eyes, feeling hatred towards him. The people all around stared at Todd to see what was going on. Her grip on the suitcase tightened.

    Todd got out of the car. "The hell are you doing? Let's go!" Todd angrily stomped towards Kara and went to grab her arm. "You move when I tell you to-"

    One of the people passing by interjects, "Hey! Dont touch her!" He grabs Todd's arm before it touches Kara. The man's other arm starts twitching but he shakes it and it stops moving.

    "Shut up and mind your own business!" Todd pushes him away, the man's fingernails leave a deep scratch in Todd's arm. "Stupid junkie.. Trying to tell me what to do.. Come on, let's go." Todd looks in the man's direction then steps into the car. Kara stuffed her suitcase into the trunk before walking to the other side to get in. Todd started ranting before Kara put her seatbelt on.

    "It's about time you come home, I can't stand taking care of your bratty little sister." He started complaining. "Alice has been chewing my ear off about when you'd get home. When we get back, you're making dinner. The house is a mess and needs cleaning. The laundry also needs to be done..."

    Kara starts to tune out his voice and stare out the window. Once Todd's rant was over, she blankly responded with, "okay." She watched the buildings and cars pass by. Nothing filled her with more rage than being back with Todd. Kara would have moved out the second she turned 18, but she couldn't leave Alice to be neglected and abused. Even when she left for college, she felt horrible leaving Alice with him. The car swerved slightly, Kara looked over at Todd, his arm was twitching -- she decided to ignore it, it was probably because of the red ice.