{27}- Project Watcher | Flashback: Skyfall

June 18, 1962

Emma Planck's residence

"Oh? Lieserl discovered something new again?"

A green-haired woman, now in her 40s, had her eyes lit up at the most exciting piece of news in a while. "Come on, Justin, let's go and check it out!"

"But... Emma, you haven't finished that stack of papers that Edison gave you the other day..."

"Ah, we can worry about that later. I have you, do I not?"

"True, but-"

"Shh... Listen to big sister on this one, and maybe I'll go out with you tomorrow?"

"EH? Go out? But we're like, 12 years-"

Planck's immediate stare and pout made Justin shut up instantly.

"I-I... I'd be honoured, Miss Planck..."

"That's the spirit. Now, let's go!"

As Planck got in the car, Justin hurriedly requested a toilet break as he took out his phone and texted the original.

#Mission update everyone

Going out on date with Planck tomorrow, what to do?

Literally less than five seconds later, a message came over from the original on the channel, who has apparently broadcasted the news to all the clones in North America.

SEND SEGGS DATA

Justin almost fell into the toilet.

***********************************************************************************************

September 17, 1964

Edison Consolidation Building, HQ of Massive Electric (formerly known as Supergen)

Xavier began his first day on the job. Surprisingly, the original has already ensured that his application to the company would run smoothly. Piecing together from what he'd had in his memory before, he made sure to accomplish his mission today.

The only way he could do so is to do it discreetly.

And so, going through the front door, he arrived at the front desk, to which the girl present greeted him with a smile.

"Welcome to Massive Electric. What can I do for you today?"

"Um... my name is Xavier Cassenil, I'm here to start my job? Do I just..."

"You guessed it. Here, take this card. Slot it into the machine upstairs, and you can go into the office. By the way, you're pretty early. The briefing for newbies starts in like 2 hours, so feel free to go around the workplace."

"Ah, okay, thank you."

Xavier bowed, and left immediately to the elevator. He took one glance at the stairwell, and decided to head there instead. As he entered, although the stairs only lead upwards, a hollow feeling was sent though his neural system as he activated his assigned goggles, and a floor plan of the underground was shown to him.

"That's massive... I just have to go to the bottom, right?"

Xavier took a deep breath as he utilized his internal Honkai Energy to sink through the floor itself, disassembling his physical body particle by particle as he fell through the concrete, and into the holographic view of the levels below. As he spotted the giant black box the original mentioned, he began to reassemble himself, and finally, landing completely soundproof on top of it.