P R O L O U G E

"The border"

Decades had passed the time when humans stayed unmutant, an evaluation, almost all of mankind from all around the world was given abilities, a power, a quirk. But for some reason this does not apply to the majority of Yokohama citizens, and the cause of it made the great city isolate themselves from the rest of the world, closing borders to any outsiders, including the rest of japan. Yokohama then grew to be an independent city that does not rely on Japan's government terms of quirk and the strict unrealistic lines that separates heroes and villains, it made the people of Yokohama to be indifferent against quirk users.

They all tend to rely on their super powers too often, forming the organization of heroes that made the Japanese government too weak to manage the nation and made themselves useless. This caused a league of villain that made the cities crime rate and peace worse; a constant competition between "heroes" and "villain" would almost be like a routine that you can see on screen or streets at anytime, naming themselves based on their ability and wear spandex and mask while proclaiming themselves as heroes as they stand on their "villains'' defeat. Like a children's play.

Anyone from Yokohama would laugh each time they had a paper of news or a broadcast from the other side of the border. Such things are to be looked down upon by the citizens, because compared to the small percentage of people in Yokohama who were an ability users, they would look like a small rock beside a mountain. And these people, these ability users are the first.

The quirk users history could count to decades in the modern era while ability users go way back to the great war. In the present era, Ability Users are not unknown in the society, though not entirely recognized mostly due to the intervention of the Special Division and other government departments within the border. Moreover, albeit majority of Ability-related cases are monitored to be criminal in nature, there are also organizations allowed by the government in utilizing Abilities legally, such as the Yokohama-based Armed Detective Agency comprised of gifted detectives who take on dangerous cases that are too much for the military and the police to handle.

It has been 10 years since Yokohama opened the border for once only to close it a few days later causing visitors to never leave the city nor outsiders to get in the city.

'Yokohama Breaks Isolation: City Opens Borders to Outsiders, Embraces Global Interaction'

'Yokohama Emerges from Isolation: Superpower Lifestyle Unveiled as City Opens Borders After a Decade'

'Yokohama's Dark Past Unveiled: Isolated City, Formerly Controlled by Crime Syndicate, Opens Borders to Outsiders'

"In a groundbreaking move, Yokohama has shattered its isolation, ushering in a new era of inclusivity and diversity once again. The city, known for its unique approach to societal norms and indifferent perspective , has officially opened its borders to quirk users"

The news spread like wildfire on weed after one day of the proclamation, the movement made The World Heroes Association confused and some; angered.

"Yokohama?that hermit city?"

Said Bakugo, questioning the news behind the screen.

"this is no good..."

Lida claimed, adjusting his glasses with one finger on the bridge of his nose, his face troubled.

"What?why? Isn't it good? They're opening up to the world, the hero association had a chance to reach them just in case anything happened though?"

Deku said, while getting himself up from his desk, walking towards Jirou on her phone, watching the news. Surrounded by others