I N T R O D U C T I O N

“Pleasure to be your acquaintance, my name is Mayumi Ren and I am the beautiful lie, you have ever spoke truth of”

  Mayumi Ren
“The white violinist”

   [Art by me]

Born in september 12, year XXXX

Yokohama.

“Veiled Tone”

{To hide truth, one must gives lies}

An ability to manipulate sounds, to gain power of harm, and to protect. Like the line of a violin’s string. Sharp, yet so beautiful. A harmony between life and death, truth and lies. Perfection of great chaos, pure and impure. A gift of curse and blessings.

Ren spent 16 years of her life under the care of her grandfather, Mayumi Shinji. A notorious man working for the well known port mafia. The man was in charge of managing  the prostitution and human trafficking business. While running the biggest clubs Yokohama had. For decades, he stayed loyal to the criminal organization and gained wealth that was more than enough to make such a rich living.

To distract the fact of what kind of life she lived, the blood of a cruel old man that runs in her veins, she turned a blind eye and sought sounds; a melody that soothes her fear, rhythm that washes all the blood that splatters like paint.

She hid away from the cruel reality, and lied to herself; the scars are a sign of affection, the blood red means love, and the bruises, a reminder that she is alive. The pain and abuse that broke her, made her someone she hated the most. Just like everyone around her, those dirty hands that hold lives and take them away to be gone. The hands of killers for wealth, living prosperity out of death and suffering of others that does not deserve such cause. Evil and impure, none to understand. Or what she thought it was.

But as time passes, she begins to realize the balance of what it gives; there will always be good in evil, and evil in good. A new perspective that strengthens her to survive.

After years of torment she was forced to, she began seeking freedom and found her way out of the port mafia. Desperate to erase the ink her grandfather poured in her, she resented him the most. She then stumbled upon the armed detective agency. 4 years passed, she has been working as a loyal member of the agency.

The woman grew to be a formal Individual, stiff and stoic emotion to hide the impurity. She values etiquette,elegance, honor, and justice. Because of her ability her comrade began to have a special name for her “The White Violin” as she took interest in classical music and art. At noon, she would play one song to them all before bidding them goodbyes.

Despite her stiff and cold personality, she would be vulnerable when she is close to the agency’s president. For he was the first person to show her freedom, and the light of the world, he was her savior. And she favored the other detectives and the staff. They showed her what the meaning of ‘family’ really was; warmth and support, and the sense of acceptance. Unlike what she had in the past, a miserable mistake, born bathed in blood.

Even though she has finally been free from the dark, she’s still yet to be free from herself.