𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

PROLOGUE
They're The Things I Use To See

Callisto Eli Kent didn't have a tragic backstory; she was growing up with two loving parents, one who was alien, and the other was teaching her how to glare daggers at anyone she wanted to. She had a balance of light and dark in her blood. When she grew up, she wanted to do good, but she wasn't so sure about the whole superhero charade, but she definitely was not the dark, brooding, masked billionaire person.

    Now, maybe the timeline was messed up... again... but the world was trying to restore itself and piece it back together.

    Callisto, aged 5, woke up to the smell of bacon. And she was not disappointed when she walked downstairs and saw it. She saw her mom pouring coffee in the cup for herself, and wanted it.

    "Callie, you can't drink coffee, it's not good for you." Lois told Callisto.

    Callisto furrowed her brows, "then why do you drink it?" She asked.

    Lois glared at Clark, who was trying his hardest not to laugh. "I mean— she's not entirely wrong..." He agreed.

    Lois crossed her arms over her chest.

    Clark coughed to cover up a laugh, then looked down at Callisto. "You— you shouldn't drink coffee at your age." Clark told her.

    Lois smiled in victory, picking her coffee cup back up and sitting at the table as Clark handed Callisto a plate of bacon. "Whoa, whoa... you are not eating ten pieces of bacon, Callie."

    While eating the ten pieces of bacon, she stared at her mom. Clark was just watching in amusement.

    Callisto's irises glowed a golden colour, shocking both Clark and Lois. I mean, it wasn't a shock that she'd get powers, but they figured it would be much later. "What?" She wondered.

    "Did you see your eyes?" Clark asked.

    Callisto furrowed her brows. "How am I supposed to see my eyes when they're the things I use to see?" She questioned.

    Both Lois and Clark ignored the response. "Callie, we'll be right back. Dad and I are just gonna talk outside for a second." Lois said, having to drag Clark out of his seat.

    "But she—"

    "She'll be fine, Clark."

    Clark kept looking back at Callisto, making sure she was okay once her eyes stopped glowing. When they stepped outside, Clark looked at her with furrowed brows.

    "What are we gonna do?" Lois asked him.

    "Well, at some point I'll probably have to teach her how to use her powers—"

    "I mean school wise. What if something happens where she accidentally blows up the entire school? Or she lasers someone? Or punches someone really hard?" Lois listed.

    Clark put his hands in the pockets of his jeans, sighing. "We both work..." Clark told her.

    "What if we hired someone—"

    "She hates people." Clark reasoned.

    Lois nodded in agreement. "Okay, so we'll take turns when we can. We'll do the forms and sign the papers." Lois stated.

    "How hard could it be?" Clark said aloud, he knew he jinxed it.

    Lois closed her eyes, still processing what the hell happened. Clark looked back at the window where Callisto was peering through the window. "I hope you know she is a mini you." Lois told Clark, who looked back at Lois.

    "She isn't a mini me."

    Lois scoffed. "Mini you." She argued, walking back inside the house with Clark following her closely.

    Callisto looked at her mom and dad with curiosity and confusion. "What?"

    "Well, uh, you're..." Clark stammered, still not sure on how Callisto would take it.

    "You're being homeschooled." Lois told her simply.

    "Thank fuck." Callisto murmured.

    Both Lois and Clark's eyes widened, but once again, Clark was trying to hold in a laugh. "What did you say?" Lois breathed out.

    "Duck. Thank duck." Callisto lied, running to her room.

    "This is not funny, Clark." Lois said.

    "Well..." He started, but shook his head when Lois glared at him. "It is not funny at all."

    "Where the hell did she learn the 'f' word from?" She crossed her arms.

    Clark shrugged, "I... I don't know." He also walked away from Lois.

Callisto & Clark are the best duo in this series and we love it

Am I somehow making it possible for both Lois & Clark to homeschool her? Yes

Okay, bye!