(NOT A ONESHOT) Lore info dump!!

Yes, I know I could have done this in a separate book but, I really wanted to do a lengthy-type info dump on my "SMG34 Kids" AU.

It's more of a headcanon i had a while back, but I wanted to expand more onto it, and give it lore.

So, what is this AU about, you wonder?

To put it simply, SMG3 and SMG4 were inseparable best friends as kids, and when they had to come down to earth to do meme guardian duties, they were separated. And majority of their memories with them were completely wiped.

But one remained, a small memory fragment.

Memory fragments from either SMG4 or SMG3 when they were children remain in the Out Of Universe realm.

That singular memory kept the place alive, no memory fragments equals no place.

So, you're probably asking "how come SMG3 remembers his childhood friend if all memories of eachother as kids were supposed to be wiped?"

Great question!

SMG4 did not want the two to separate knowing they would forget eachother

So, SMG3 made a promise.
To search for Four.

No matter how long he may possibly search for him, they'll find eachother again.

By doing so, it kept the memory alive.

And SMG3 kept his promise

(This took place a few days after SMG3 and SMG4 crash landed in the Mushroom kingdom, so over a decade ago.)

----------

You might think that it's obvious that it's SMG4, and yes, it is. But keep in mind, SMG3 only knows that Kid Four existed, and bits of what he looked like. (You can tell by this because the picture of kid 4 that is framed is blurred.) He really doesn't have much to go by since most of his memories were wiped.

But he still continued to search for him.

-----------

I'm going to quickly talk about SMG4's side of things, since his side isn't as important as SMG3's.