𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞, 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏

Elijah

"Yea mom, I promise this won't happen again."

I heard from my slumber, which caused me to wake up. My eyes peeled open and I saw Ellis sitting up on the phone.

"Ellis?" I croaked, reaching over to turn on the lamp. I looked over at the clock and it reads, 2:51 a.m.

He hangs up and places his phone down on the nightstand.

"That was my mom, she was just asking me where I was."

"Oh.." I say. Since I overheard what Ellis's parents did to him at such a young age, I don't like his parents. Why would they react like that? He was a child, and they gave him trauma. Remind me of my parents.

I felt shifting underneath me, looking down I realized I was laying on Tobias's chest. And my face flushed beet red as I jolted up.

Tobias grumbled as his eyes creaked open. "What are you two doing?" He croaked, rubbing his eyes.

"Nothing, my mom just called me." Ellis replied. "And I just woke up." I say, avoiding eye contact so he wouldn't realize how red my face is.

"Anyways, Tobias... How are you feeling?" Ellis asked, shifting his body around.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, with your situation... your mom." I hesitantly say, watching his facial expression change. "Didn't mean to bring it up." I bite down on my lip.

"No, it's ok. And right now... I don't know if I'm ok. My mom and my sister are the only thing I have left, and my mom is in the hospital." I saw the tears starting to prick the hems of his eyes. "And my sister blames herself for it and won't even come out of her room."

I subconsciously pulled him into a warm embrace, and he instantly wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his face between my neck and shoulder.

"You have us now.." I murmured into his hair. I felt him smile against my skin.

"Thank you."

"Want to go back to sleep?" I ask, but in more of a whisper as to not break the tenderness of the room.

"No, I wanna go outside." Said Ellis as he jumps out of the bed.

Ellis is definitely different than when I first met him, like just a few days ago.
He was straight forward, and gave a few giggles. But now he's different, he seems more lively, or maybe more himself.

"It's literally raining, and you have a literal cold." I sighed, looking at him with my eyes narrowed. He wasn't gonna give up. "Fine, but, you have to stay on the porch."

"Fine, it's better than staying here and being bored."

Me and Tobias shuffles out the bed.
Tobias had given us other jackets of his, since our jackets were soaked from earlier.

Opening the front door, the rain had slowed down from when we were previously out here. Ellis sat down in one of the chairs that were on the porch, pulling out his phone.

I smiled at the rain gently drizzling down, "Pretty isn't it?" I ask.

"...Yea" Tobias responded, which was weird since he was looking at me. Was he calling me pretty or-

"May I have this dance?"

I looked at him as he held out his hand. I wanted to tell him, 'Your so cheesey' but he looked dead serious. And so I responded with, "Sure, why not?"

Grabbing his hand, he drags me to the road.

And we start to dance in the rain, which was more fun than I anticipated. He swayed me from side to side, twirled me around.