4 | New girl

katherine blackthorn

"I want you to sit next to Katherine BlackThorn, who is seated at the back."

  The teacher points to me, directing the new girl, Ellie Mirfos, over towards me. She started walking towards me and I took this time to examine her.

  Cinnamon brown, straight hair that was cut into layers. It framed her diamond face which had gorgeous features; Grey eyes that had long natural lashes hanging above them, small defined nose, small heart shaped lips and thin arched eyebrows.

  Sun kissed skin and looked like she was my height.
  She was stunning.

  "Hi," She said, pulling out the chair beside me to sit on.

  "Hi," I said back, watching her lower herself onto the chair. She flicked her hair behind her shoulders, her eyes wandering around my face.

  Her lip twitched.

  "You're gorgeous," She breathed out.

  I chuckle, "Thank you. So are you."

  She smiled, revealing her dimples.

  "So, is this class boring?" Ellie asked, staring deeply at me. She was staring at me with some depth, making me feel kind of threatened.

  "Yes," I say, trailing off, "The people in here are kind of weirdos."

  She laughed, "I can tell. Considering how they dress. Like what is that fucking top?" She points over to a boy named Kyle.

  He was wearing a star wars top with jeans. He looked kind of greasy.

  "Some people here have no self respect for themselves," I yawned.

  "Totally." She agreed.

  "Girls stop talking!" We were rudely hushed by the teacher, who started to begin her lecture.

  The entire lesson, me and Ellie were talking about random shit. And it turns out that Ellie is with me for my next lesson; Science.

  "Oh my god, I'm starving." Ellie moans beside me. We are both walking to Science.

  I was about to reply but a girl stopped me.

  "Is it true?" She asked.

  "Is what true?" I asked, very confused.

  "That you're a killer?".

  Everyone was staring. And I felt overwhelmed.

  "If will be if you don't fuck off," I smiled sweetly, yet my tone laced with venom.

  I watched the girl scatter off, giggling with her friends. I scoff, turning towards Ellie. "Anyways, break is next."

  "What was that?" Ellie asked, following after me.
"Why was she asking if you're a killer?" A laugh follows after the question.

  "I seriously don't know. There was a piece of paper stuck to my locker saying how I'm a killer," I laughed, "Just some silly, random fucking rumour."

  "Is it a rumour?" She asked.

  I stare at her in belief, "Is it a fucking rumour?" I repeat her question. "Are you thick in the skull? Of course it's a fucking rumour."

  "No I didn't mean it in that way," Ellie said, entering the class after me.

  "Then what way did you mean it, Ellie?".

  "I don't know. I wasn't accusing you of being a killer, Katherine. I was just," She thinks, "I don't know! Trying to make it...I don't know the word!".