16 | Tension

katherine blackthorn

Entering the Beaufort residence made reality a struggle. Being back here without party decorations up, really compliments Rome's lifestyle.

It shows that he and his family are rich. They come from money. And they aren't afraid to show it.

Expensive features are clinging to the house's concept, making it almost unbearable to be here.

"Do you want anything before we go up to my room?" Rome asks from behind me, almost startling me. "Anything to eat? Or drink?".

"A drink, please," I replied, following him to the kitchen. As we walk into the kitchen, I see a young girl sitting behind the counter, the resemblance of Rome showing.

"Rome," She hadn't looked up from her phone to notice I was also here, "Father wanted me to let you know he will be back home from his trip tomorrow." Her eyes finally averting from her phone, finally noticing my presence. "Oh-shit sorry, hi."

A chuckle fills my throat, Rome shaking his head with amusement. "Eden, this is Katherine."

"Katherine," Eden mumbles my name, something triggering her. "Aren't you the one who punched Bella?".

"Eden!" Rome warns, closing the fridge with a bottle of water in his hand.

I laugh, "Is that what I'm known for?".

"Kind off," Eden shrugs, "But that bitch deserved it. After she cheated on my brother, treating people like absolute shit, she thought she could get away with it. Until you finally shut her up."

I was looking at her with amusement. Eden really didn't like Bella, and it was shown shamelessly.

She didn't care to share her opinions, and I was thriving for it.

"Oh my god, I love your top!" Eden squeals, climbing off her stool to come towards me, "Where'd you get it?".

"That's enough," Rome shakes his head, grasping my hand to pull me away from his little sister.

"Where are you going?" Eden asks with a smug grin.

"To study."

Eden raises her eyebrows, smirking ear to ear. "Studying?".

I was being dragged away, giggles falling from my lips whilst I watched the two with amusement.

"Yes, Eden," Rome rolls his eyes, "Just studying."

"Whatever you say," Eden laughs to herself, climbing back onto the stool, "I don't want to be an aunt. Yet!".

Me and Rome walk up the stairs, both of us sharing laughs. I hadn't realised we were still holding hands until I looked down and noticed.

"Sorry," Rome apologises, pushing the door to his bedroom open.

"Don't be," I say, stepping inside to be welcomed with the familiar surroundings. An image of me having a panic attack with Rome helping me, jogs my memory.

I remember Rome being so sweet with me. He's always sweet with me.

"Sit," Rome nods to the bed, taking off his shoes before climbing onto his bed, his back pressed against the headboard.

His legs are spread whilst he searches inside his backpack, pulling out notebooks and pens.

I sit awkwardly on the side of the bed with my legs crossed and shoes still on.

I didn't want to intrude on his personal space.
Rome chuckles, "I don't bite, Kat. Whilst you're here, I want you to be comfortable."

"I am comfortable," I lied.