Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Letters to Lucas, Letters to Maya.

Maya's letter

To My Blonde Beauty

Merry Christmas. I hope you like the charm bracelet. I picked the charms out myself. They reminded me of our times together. I hope you know that they are special to me. (Maya smiles) Well anytime I spend with you is special to me. God that sounds cheesy! (Maya giggles) Let me start over. I wrote this letter to tell you how much you mean to me. I know back then you said we could never be together because of Riley but things have changed. We've grown up and I'm sure Riley will understand that I like you, I really like you more than I've ever liked anyone before. And even if you don't want to be with me or if you don't like me anymore, I'm still telling Riley that I don't have those feelings for her anymore. It's your decision, but I hope you choose to be with me. If you don't I won't change our friendship because even if you don't like me it doesn't mean I don't like you...

From
Your Cowboy

Lucas' Letter

Dear Huckleberry, Ranger Rick, Bucky McBoing Boing, etc.

You know me. I'm not good at expressing feelings. It took me so long just to call you Lucas. It took you two years to find out that I liked you at that time. I know I gave you a Christmas present and I'm not sure if you like it much but I drew some pictures for you. They're in the envelope.

I know we couldn't be together because Riley still likes you. And we still can't be together because she still likes you. I can't ask you to wait for me because it would be unfair to you. Just... If one day (hopefully soon) Riley gets over you and you're single I better be the first person you call. I miss you, even though we hang out every day, we never get to close because of what Riley wants but I think I have a plan. If you want to hear it, come talk to me and if it works then we can finally be together after all these years...

From
Your Short Stack of Pancakes